Our mission is to open the door to the life-changing impact of education and help make education accessible for all. As a nimble growth stage start-up, we've emerged as the leading online education platform helping over 30 million learners and educators each month.
Study.com has earned numerous awards and it has been recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech, living up to our commitment to all learners: Breakthroughs Start Here. From students and educators in over 9,000 school districts that use
Study.com, to working adults striving to complete their college degree or gain professional certifications, we empower them to reach their full potential.
Our product is our impact! Across our college programs alone we have saved students over $200M in tuition and enabled tens of thousands to become nurses, teachers, accountants and more. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated over $27 million across social impact programs to learners and educators.
Study.com requires vaccination and boosters for all employees and we work in a hybrid environment.
Study.com has an exciting opportunity as we are looking for a dynamic technically adept engineering lead to nurture a small team of exceptional full stack engineers. This role will encompass both management and hands on coding skills, as this person will fulfill a player/coach role. This role will provide a great opportunity to both mentor our associate level engineers as well as work hand in hand with our most experienced developers. You will be contributing to multiple projects and having the opportunity to work cross functionally with our product, business intelligence, growth and design teams.
Come join us at Study.com and be part of a mission driven culture whose focus is on making education more accessible for everyone.
- Managing and leading software engineers to deliver end-to-end website features and solutions across the application stack in an iterative manner
- Fostering technical skill development and professional growth of team members using coaching, pair programming, and hands-on learning/teaching
- Collaborating on a cross-functional team to execute against our product road map
- Building robust and scalable software and contributing to architecture discussions
- Participating in brainstorming sessions, working with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, and deliver exceptional results
- Coordinating and managing trouble-shooting in our 24x7 production environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience managing, coaching, and mentoring software engineers
- 6+ years’ experience doing full stack development with Java in a distributed architecture
- Strong experience working with relational databases, SQL query optimization and tuning (MySQL preferred)
- Developed mastery of object-oriented design, data structures and multi-threaded algorithms
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment built around Scrum
- Experience building and deploying mobile apps in a modern app development framework (i.e. Ionic, Flutter, or React Native)
- Had exposure with online marketing, search engine optimization, and/or lead generation
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000 per year. The salary range associated with this job considers the skill sets, experience and training required for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity, and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com.
You can also expect:
- 3:2 hybrid work schedule
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements.
Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.