Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker’s vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
The following is not intended to represent an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities, but to outline the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position.
Job responsibilities will include the following: development of electrical circuits, software development, product benchmarking and experimentation. You will also have the opportunity to work through the product development process to help in the development of new medical devices and test fixtures. Example technologies that you will have the opportunity to work with are image processing, machine vision/neural networks, wireless communication between multiple devices, RF plasma tissue ablation, motor control, and GUI development.
- Will determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs.
- Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Will aid in the development process by ensuring designs are cost-efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
- May assist in evaluating vendor capability to support development.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to supervisor.
- Write and release R&D documentation such as test protocols/test reports.
- 0-4 years related design engineering experience.
- In progress B.S. or MS in electrical engineering or related curriculum.
- Programming experience: Python, Matlab, C++,C#
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
- Must have good visual acuity and demonstrate fine motor skills.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed instructions and design parameters.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product design issues of a moderate scope using independent judgment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use volti-meter, o-scope.
- Demonstrated electrical problem solving skills.