The Supply Chain Director of Engineering will provide engineering direction, technical input and management of PBNA Supply Chain on capital management, capacity, innovation, and cost management of projects as well as infrastructure work, utility and support systems and strategic initiatives. The individual in this position will provide management oversight over all locations in the West Division inclusive of process improvement, engineering design, support and trouble shooting. This position works closely with Sector Operations, Package and Product Development, Procurement, Change Management and external suppliers. This position is responsible for driving standardization and serving as a technical resource to not only the plants but also the warehouses across the division. This role will also have an extremely high emphasis on Quality, Environmental Health and Safety and our People First Agenda.
- Lead a team of Sr Project Engineers/Managers and manage the execution of capital investment projects involving capacity, process & utilities, infrastructure, vertical integration, innovation and value engineering projects
- Provide guidance and leadership on equipment specifications and standards
- Provide strategic insights and direction to cross functional teams on new initiatives
- Manage an annual Capital plan which addresses capacity, capability & infrastructure
- Act as a change manager/coordinator with all business partners
- Manage, hire and coach direct reports, exempt and non-exempt.
- Explore, evaluate and implement new technology and techniques to enhance and improve upon current practices
- Engage with leadership to champion initiatives
- Facilitate weekly and monthly report outs to Division leadership
- Work closely with Operations, EHS, consulting partners, external vendors and equipment OEMs to drive standardization and serve as a technical liaison to plants to help address their challenges for the short and long term.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range is $ 113,300 -$ 170,000
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 25% annually and an additional target payout of 10% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period.
- $25,000 Annual LTI Target: Long-term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Strong Engineering experience with managing multiple high-speed CPG projects and manufacturing departments
- Working knowledge of Beverage Operations Technology and Equipment
- Krones, Sidel, Bevcorp, Techniblend, Cermax, GPI, Jones, Douglas, Alvey, etc.
- Knowledge of end-to-end Supply Chain and Logistics
- Ability and experience to influence large scale organizations
- Self-motivated, results & action oriented.
- Experience in creating, enhancing, and delivering strategic processes
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work with a diverse team of resources
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and team building skills required to manage and lead cross-functional teams of technical resources and Project Managers
- Ability to manage a team budget
- Proven capital project management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple large projects.
- Expert in negotiating with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Solid experience with base finance and accounting to include complete understanding of WACC, IRR, AWO, etc. impacts to a capital expenditure
- Strong MS-Office, reporting/tracking software, SharePoint and Microsoft Project skills to develop and maintain project trackers and web hosted applications
- High proficiency with basics of finance and product cost accounting. Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Director of Operations / Plant Management for high speed and or CPG manufacturing experience preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience, with a minimum of 10-years of engineering experience in a high-speed bottling manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage complex projects and budgets
- Proven record of handling Capex project expenditures in excess of $20MM, individual project CAR expenditure in excess of $10.0MM per project
- Solid understanding of Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) processes.
- Familiarity with equipment automation
- Able to travel; individual can expect to be out of the office approximately 50% of the time to facilitate and manage projects.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.