Engineering Analyst Manager
San Bruno, CA
Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of SQL experience (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce).
- 3 years of experience in data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Experience with classification systems, ranking systems, or similar.
- Experience collecting, managing and synthesizing large data sets and information from disparate sources, statistical modeling, data mining, and data analysis.
- Consultative problem solving and excellent project management experience coupled with strengths in data management, metrics analysis, experiment design, and automation.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Experience with fraud and abuse dynamics in online platforms.
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead the team to perform investigations and apply advanced statistical methods to large, complex data sets from diverse data sources across the organization.
- Lead the team to create and deploy automated solutions for bulk classification of abusive content and behavior using a variety of tools ranging from automating SQL-like queries to real time Python based classification logic.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in engineering, product, policy, and legal to drive complex anti-abuse solutions involving and impacting various cross-functional areas.
- Formulate a practical and high impact long term strategy, and lead an analyst team to cover a variety of spam and abuse across YouTube community engagements.
- Identify spam trends and techniques early and develop and deploy countermeasures on a tight schedule that deal with abuse at scale.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.