Engineer Environmental & Facilities
Who we are
Toyota Manufacturing is looking to develop new innovative solutions to support the future of mobility, and values being a member of a local and global community. We offer an inclusive team environment that values “respect for people” and we are a company with a rich history and an exciting future to pursue your professional dreams. Along with great pay, amazing benefits, and a stable work environment – Toyota Manufacturing has it all.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Environmental & Facilities Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop strategy, plan & tools for reliable Building & Site systems.
Reporting to the Manager of Systems & Standards, the person in this role will support the Environmental & Facilities department's objective to provide efficient / reliable infrastructure and utilities across all pillars in North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and work with vendors to perform renewal studies on Roofs and Pavements across North American sites.
- Manage Building & Site refurbishment plan for North American sites.
- Report out status to Operation groups and Management team.
- Develop maintenance plans for Building & Site systems
- Investigate customer feedback concerns and lead root cause analysis.
- Support Facility standard development related to Building & Site systems
- Collaborate with North American sites to identify kaizen opportunities
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Facilities & Property Management will also be considered)
- Experience in Building & Site systems for Maintenance and Operation
- Strong problem-solving skills, Kaizen and countermeasure development experience.
- Experience analyzing vendor reports and making recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work up to 10% overtime when required
- Ability to travel up to 25% when required
- This position requires driving. A motor vehicle record that’s acceptable by company standards is required for this position
What you may bring
- Experience with Maximo or other CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Automotive manufacturing facilities experience
- Professional Organization Certifications (ex. Certified Facilities Manager (CFM), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Facilities Management Professional (FMP)
- Experience with Word, Visio, Project and AutoCAD
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.