Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
As an Engagement Manager, you will be accountable for ongoing operational ownership of a portfolio of Afresh’s customers after their initial implementation. You will maintain partnerships with operations and IT teams to be the face of Afresh for non-sales touch points. Customers will rely on you to advocate for their operational and technical needs of Afresh, and Afresh will rely on you to champion Afresh’s operational priorities with our customers. You will represent the efforts of several internal teams at Afresh (Support, Engineering, Product Management) working together to provide meaningful ongoing impact, responsiveness, and thought leadership so our customers get the most value out of Afresh’s growing platform. While you are not the owner of commercial expansions, your commitment to delivering an excellent and unified experience for Afresh’s customers is critical to the long term commercial success of the company and our partnerships.
You have extensive customer-facing experience, experience navigating a growing software company, strong project management skills, and are excited about learning the operational nuances of large grocers! Your responsibilities would include:
- Deeply understand our customers’ operations and how the Afresh solution maps to these to provide maximum value
- Build trusted relationship with platform owners at Afresh customers across operational and IT functions
- Foster close collaboration with Afresh’s Engineering, Product, Support, and Account Executive teams to dexterously define, scope, shepherd, and communicate work being done for your portfolio customers
- Ensure customer transparency into the status of work being executed by teams at Afresh, from product development to data changes to support tickets
- Educate customers on how they will partner with Afresh at steady state, ensuring a smooth transition post-implementation (working with Support, prioritizing technical requests, ensuring they are utilizing the latest app versions and features from Afresh)
- Maintain documentation of relevant customer information, from technical specifications to operational workflows
- Proactively monitor platform health and performance metrics, providing operational transparency to customers
- Participate in retrospectives on technical projects and incidents related to your portfolio of customers
- Use SQL to query Afresh databases to understand, scope, triage, diagnose, and triage customer data questions, issues, and requests
- Run regular meetings with customers to
- Communicate progress against customer work, requests, and issues
- Track and define product improvement requests to be evaluated by Afresh’s Product team
- Discuss operational changes from customers and define requirements from Afresh to support (new store openings, updates to delivery schedules)
- Discuss technical changes from customers, scope required Afresh work, and prioritize against other customer work (new data feeds, data mapping change requests)
- Ensure customer knowledge and awareness of product releases relevant to their platform, driving adoption of functionality
- Proactively elevate common themes seen from stores in Support tickets
Skill and Experience
The following represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 5+ years managing enterprise clients, preferably at a high-growth software company
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing work streams and communicate effectively and influentially
- Ability to balance demanding customer needs with advocacy for Afresh’s best interests
- Ability to skillfully advocate for customer needs through ambiguous environments
- Experience in grocery or retail industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SQL proficiency and experience with large data integrations
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills to keep multiple complex projects spanning many stakeholders on track simultaneously
- Commitment to defining scalable processes so more can be accomplished by a lean group over time
- Strong bias to action and ownership of problem resolution
- Customer empathy and ability to build meaningful relationships with wide variety of stakeholders
- Kindness, energy, and drive to bring to our growing team of amazing Afreshies!
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.