Energy & Sustainability Manager
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
In this role the Portfolio Energy & Sustainability Manager will serve a client based in the Northeast region. The Portfolio Energy & Sustainability Manager will oversee the development and project management of energy initiatives to ensure delivery of client KPI’s including energy savings, carbon foot-print reduction, water and waste management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute energy management or sustainability strategy.
- Implement energy and sustainability programs to reach objectives.
- Support corporate reporting objectives and provide management information relating to the use of utilities and the impact on the internal and external environment.
- Manage the energy, waste, and water data collection process within JLL’s technology platform and produce monthly and quarterly reports that are tailored to meet our clients’ specific requirements.
- Drive operational improvements though the identification and implementation of opportunities to improve energy and sustainability performance across extensive real estate portfolios.
- Collaborate with other JLL energy managers to share best practices, develop case studies and develop new business opportunities.
- Engage with JLL facility managers to become the key point of contact for the provision of wide-ranging advice in relation to all aspects of environmental sustainability.
- Develop and enhance systems and processes for delivering best practice sustainability performance and use of utility/sustainability management systems for monitoring and/or reporting purposes.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
Requirements – Essential
- University Degree (Science, engineering, math or related fields)
- Technical understanding of the most common HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and building automation systems
- In-depth understanding of energy and water conservation measures
- Experienced with benchmarking and analysing utility data to drive sustainability measures
- In-depth understanding of Greenhouse Gas Emission scopes and reporting
- Ability to explain difficult or sensitive information and work to build consensus
Requirements – Desirable
- Experienced conducting site walkthroughs in order to find conservation measures (e.g. ASHRAE Level 1 and 2)
- Strong project management skills and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Experience in the preparation of tenders and work orders and the ability to select appropriate equipment and service vendors
- Knowledge of environmental reporting, utility management and energy budgets, an environmental improvement program, and ISO 50001 compliance.
- Familiarity with energy procurement process and renewable energy options
- Think Big - Thinks strategically, simplifies the complex, solves complex problems, sees the big picture
- Drive Change - Thrives on change, learning agility, intellectually curious, appetite for risks, digital drive
- Helps others - Builds relationships, actively collaborates, helps others succeed.
- Get it done - Acts decisively, drives results, passion to win, takes ownership, accountable, resilient
- Business first - Focuses on customers and clients, business/financial acumen, JLL first
- Inspire - Inspire others, creates vision and strategy, energizes others
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits