Edison EnergyNew York, NY7 days ago
Edison Energy is the expert independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering comprehensive, data driven and integrated global energy solutions. We provide a full-suite of sustainability-driven & energy management solutions including specialized delivery of renewables, supply, demand, engineering, portfolio advisory and analytics services, serving market leaders facing an increasingly complex energy environment.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX), Edison Energy combines sophisticated, cloud-based analytics and focused energy advisory services with Edison International’s scale and stability to deliver high-quality services to our clients. Our goal is to leverage our years of experience in traditional power and gas markets, renewable energy and sustainability advisory, and engineering and implementation services to design solutions that empower our clients to build economically sustainable energy portfolios.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Perform energy audits and retro-commissioning studies of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, industrial, and municipalities
- Conduct field testing related to retro-commissioning studies including functional testing of boilers, steam systems, chillers, pumps and HVAC systems.
- Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures
- Perform building utility energy use analysis including the utilization of the Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Identify greenhouse gas reduction opportunities
- Perform calculations of energy savings
- Prepare project implementation cost estimates
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word for reporting and Microsoft Excel for energy calculations and cost estimates
- Ability to travel within the NYC Metropolitan Area including NJ, CT and Long Island
- Ability to work nights and weekends based on project requirements
- Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work (climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.)
- BS in engineering, PE and/or CEM a plus
- Experience in conducting energy audits, retro-commissioning, condition assessments and project feasibility studies
- Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking tools
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and facility utility systems (steam, chilled water, etc)
- Working knowledge of distributed generation and cogeneration
- Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
- Energy modeling experience is desirable but not required (DOE-2, HAP, E-Quest)
- Completion of NYC LL87 and LL97 related projects
- Familiar with Building Management Systems
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Familiar with Measurement and Verification methods for energy savings verification
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Recognition of Hard Work and Exemplary Performance
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.