Employee Relations Manager
Do you enjoy driving employee engagement while also being able to manage conflict? As an Employee Relations Manager at our Jackson, TN facility, you’ll serve as part of the Human Resources Team at the Plant and will work along-side the Site HR Director. You’ll partner with the plant staff including Supervisors, Managers, Generalist/Schedulers and Hourly employees as appropriate. While you are at it, you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. Ready to hear more?
At Kellogg, we’re a company that can nourish your career as well as your appetite. We want you to bring your unique flavor to our Jackson plant where we are proud to produce Pringles and cracker brands. Our culture boasts a strong safety record, a high level of accountability, and great developmental opportunities. Join us in Jackson to add some flavor to your career! Relocation available.
Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by the end of 2023. After this portfolio transformation journey is complete, this role will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Set the Pace – You’ll drive the overall management of Employee Relations activities for the plant including providing direction to site leaders, being a leader of basic employment law and putting in place the proper plant policies and rules
- Collaboration is Key – You’ll serve as liaison between Site HR Manager, Kellogg North America Manufacturing Business Unit HRBP and Global Business Services (GBS) as appropriate
- Fresh Thinking – you’ll ensure timely communication with employees and management regarding new initiatives and policies, including relative regulatory updates. Being the go-to is your thing.
- Tools for Success - Driving manager and employee adoption of HR technology, service delivery model and programs. Redirects HR inquiries to the most efficient and effective resource (technology, service center, etc.)
- Agility – by directing, assisting, communicating, and monitoring all phases of employment issues and past practices, it just sounds like there isn’t something you can’t handle. Don’t worry though – you will have plenty of support!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Master’s degree in related area and 2 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree in related area and 4 years’ experience OR High school diploma/GED and 7 years’ experience in labor relations
- Strong positive employee relations skills, problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- HR lead for assigned business unit and work as key business partner with leadership to manage KPI’s, goals and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Site HR Manager to implement HR programs that drive standardization across the division while ensuring plant business needs are met; educate plant management in development and implementation of required programs and processes to drive a positive work environment for all team members.
- Partner with Site HR Manager and plant leadership to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables recruitment and retention of top talent.
- Support the team member training and development process. Identify current and future business needs to develop strategies that address succession gaps and provide internal development opportunities for team members.
- Be a leader in managing employee relations matters. Conduct investigations, present findings, and assist with determining the appropriate corrective action and resolution.
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDayscommitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s create the future of food,
Kellogg is taking bold next steps on its portfolio transformation journey by separating its North American cereal business by the end of 2023, resulting in two independent public companies, each better positioned to unlock their full standalone potential.