Employee Relations Manager
If you are dedicated to a great culture and working with a fantastic team to build a company in an exciting industry, then this is the role for you! We are a fast growing company in the cannabis industry, and we are looking for an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join our growing HR team based in North Hollywood. This role focuses on serving as an effective liaison to manage employee relations to support our teams and plays a crucial part by helping with a variety of HR activities including onboarding, culture initiatives, compliance, etc. We are seeking a great people partner who is dedicated to promoting an awesome employee experience!
WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- You are passionate about culture and upholding a superb employee experience
- You are adept at constructive conversations to mitigate employee relations issues
- You have solid organization skills and can juggle a variety of tasks
WHAT YOU'VE DONE (QUALIFICATIONS)
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years experience in HR/People function with strong generalist knowledge
- 1-2 years of employee relations work
- Solid general admin skills
- Experience in a fast paced company experiencing rapid growth is preferred
- Customer service experience/skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of the cannabis industry a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English including reading, writing, speaking, listening and understanding
- Organized and detail oriented with a solid track record of juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite Skills
- Adept at learning/navigating new technology
- General knowledge and/or experience using an HRIS
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: (ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Support business units with employee relations and other HR needs including, but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, performance management, etc.
- Coordinate HR projects and deadlines for designated business units to ensure completion
- Track various HR items and initiatives including feedback, coaching, training, compliance items, etc.
- Help identify, create and implement general skill tests for job candidates to measure competencies for roles
- Assist with writing reviews, coaching, communication pieces, etc.
- Create reports and use data to help identify opportunities and solutions
- Guide managers and ensure completion of necessary payroll and timekeeping activities
- Assist with the selection, design and execution of company training programs
- Design and execute culture building initiatives
- Demonstrate company values of Happy, Hungry, Focused
- Able to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Clear vision, hearing and speech
- Able to sit and work at a computer for 8+ hours a day
- Able to utilize a phone up for 8+ hours a day
- Comfortable and able to work on-site
- Experience with remote work and ability to fulfill deliverables during remote work times
- Adaptable and willing to work in a variety of environments (some environments may experience extreme temperatures from hot to cold)
Mammoth Distribution provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.