Employee Relations Manager
The Employee Relations Manager will be responsible for an array of employment-related functions including, but not limited to, investigations of internal complaints regarding equal employment opportunity and other workplace policies, exit interviews, development and administration of workplace policies, and other workforce matters. This role executes and enhances existing employment practices and workplace policies/best practices to maintain a positive Company culture, legal compliance, improve employee relations, and ensure the working environment at is equitable and enriching. In consultation with Legal, Business Partners, and business leaders, the Employee Relations Manager will make recommendations regarding appropriate action where there is discriminatory conduct, harassment, inappropriate workplace behavior, or other violations of company policy. This position will help to drive a consistent employee experience aligned with our culture and ensure the consistent application of policies across the Company. Additionally, the Manager, Employee Relations will provide insight and data to the leaders and HRBP regarding employee relations trends.
- Lead investigations of complex employee-related complaints through consistent application of internal investigations and exit interviews best practices with resolve through that promote a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Owns employee relations case management, progress reporting, accurate documentation and tracking of all internal investigations and exit interviews.
- Identify, analyze and report on trends in employee relations matters that surface through investigations and exit interviews to develop recommendations and strategic solutions that reduce areas of risk, facilitate compliance, improve engagement and employee relations.
- Partner closely with the HRBP's, Legal and Leaders on employee complaints and action plans for resolutions, advising on best practices and ensuring consistent approach across all areas.
- Contribute to policies, standards and business procedures designed to foster compliance with employment laws and regulations and to ensure our work environment embodies our culture essentials.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOBS:
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Degree/Major: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience: 7+ years of Employee Relations &/or Human Resources.
- Licenses: PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Objectivity, sensitivity and balanced perspective for employee concerns and organizational needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Navex experience a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and statutes governing employment policies and practices.
The range for this role’s base salary is $79,900 - $115,000. Offers to select candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage.
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends.
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement.
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus.