Employee Engagement Communications Lead
Grand Prairie, TX
This position will be responsible for establishing, managing and leading strategic communications and employee engagement plans on behalf of the Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) business area and its more than 20,000 employees.
As a member of the MFC Human Resources (HR) Communications team, the Employee Engagement Communications lead will help design and establish new tools, resources and platforms to amplify the voice of the employee and strengthen both professional and personal connections to MFC and our mission.
This position requires a candidate that can confidently and effectively manage multiple high-visibility projects while identifying synergies and opportunities that will help enhance the overall employee experience.
The Employee Engagement Communications lead also will partner with the MFC Executive Communications lead to prioritize and strategize communications support across several Corporate and MFC HR initiatives and programs. Areas of focus will include recruitment, onboarding, employee integration, diversity & inclusion, leadership development, labor relations, the career development experience, employee engagement, the employee value proposition and Lockheed Martin’s People Strategy.
Using data-driven insights, the successful candidate will play a key role in driving continuous improvements across both HR and Communications processes and initiatives.
To be successful, this position will require a passion for writing, storytelling, employee engagement, Diversity & Inclusion and leading a workforce through change.
- Develops and leads strategic communications for HR employee engagement projects, initiatives and programs
- Writes internal and external feature stories to highlight MFC’s diverse workforce and culture
- Plans and supports onsite and virtual employee engagement events, surveys, listening tours, roundtable sessions, focus groups and other activities to capture employee voice and sentiment
- Summarizes employee feedback and evaluates communications plans with quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Manages creation of graphics and videos with our Visual Communications team
- Aligns strategic messaging across all HR-related activities
- Identifies and reports on the HR team’s outcome-focused metrics to convey the business value of Communications
- Excellent communication skills including writing and editing
- Previous experience providing communications support to a leader or organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex communications and tasks with minimal direction
- Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Proven experience supporting internal communications, employee engagement and/or workplace culture initiatives
- Proven experience leading communications for a major campaign or initiative
- Strong business acumen with proficiency in helping yourself and others build a personal brand
- Interest or passion for employee engagement and leading organizations through significant change
- Ability to influence others in embracing the benefits of collaborating across functions and adopting a OneLM approach
- Creative and innovative with the ability to quickly implement and experiment with new ideas and trends
- Expertise in digital and social media trends and practices
- Ability to effectively use data analytics to influence decision-making
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Marketing