Employee Engagement and Events Lead
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Employee Engagement and Events Lead (Contingent Role)
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX.
The Internal Communications and People Teams at SIE aim to engage our PlayStation employees globally and to create a flawless internal employee experience that’s on par with our external brand.
As we settle into our new hybrid way of working, we are looking for an Americas-based Events Lead to join the team to help deliver on local events and global engagement campaigns.
The Employee Engagement and Internal Events Lead, Americas role will report to the Director, Global Internal Communications and work alongside the wider team to develop and deliver events and engagement activity as part of PlayStation’s internal communications and engagement strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Project managing global engagement initiatives such as global holiday gift distribution, voucher distribution
- Regional vendor management for engagement and event activity
- Planning and running of on-site events in our Americas offices
- In partnership with the Internal Communications team, support the on-site and virtual celebrations for product releases (e.g. game and hardware releases, PlayStation Productions movie screenings) that engage and excite our employee population
- In partnership with the Internal Communications team and DE&I team, support virtual and in-person activity for company-led diversity event initiatives (e.g. Diversity Week)
- Guiding and supporting our Employee Networks (e.g. Women@PlayStation, Pride@PlayStation) on virtual and in-person events that they hold for the employee population
- Facilitating the ordering and distribution of PlayStation swag regionally, as well as regional competitions and sweepstakes for employees
- Partnering with departments on the development of the new employee store for PlayStation swag
- Partnering with internal stakeholders for the continued development of the PS Experience App for engagement activity
What we're looking for:
- A passionate candidate with great communication skills
- Event management background
- Great stakeholder management
- Good interpersonal skills and able to build positive partner relationships, enabling effective collaboration
- Resilient and bold to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit
- Adaptable attitude with the ability to think quickly as situations change / demands alter
- Proven track record of delivery
- 4+ years’ experience in events and engagement, preferably within the technology or entertainment industries
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-profile environment and organizations
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate. $50—$80 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.