Employee Development Specialist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Manufacturing Functional Excellence - Training and Compliance Team is looking for a Mid-Level Employee Development Specialist to join our team in Everett, Washington!
The key aspect of our organization is not only to train manufacturing, quality and materials management new hires but in addition to provide foundational skills to current employees moving between skill sets. This team is on the fore front of the “attract, develop and retain talent” initiative within Commercial Airplanes.
- Perform as an instructor in a specialized content area from one or more of the following areas of Aerospace Skills expertise (Structural Mechanic, Quality, and Electrical)
- Facilitate learning events and knowledge transfer by teaching and team coaching, observing and tracking student performance, adding key insights to enhance the delivery, conduct preparation, delivery and rostering of training to satisfy training requirements
- Conduct training utilizing a variety of delivery methods and techniques, and customizes learning programs, courses, presentations and guides
- Emphasize safety precautions to be taken in all training provided
- Maintain a positive and productive learning environment, and address any problem behaviors in the classroom promptly in accordance with policies
- Perform individual and group assessments, and recommend process and performance improvements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide training consultation services
- Provide extensive technical assistance in both formal classroom and hands-on training on Manufacturing, Assembly and Operations
- Conduct testing and evaluation per procedures
- Evaluate technical aerospace skills training needs
- Develop post evaluation recommendations to determine appropriate training content, objectives and design
- Identify and validate training by observing, measuring, testing, reviewing, and analyzing training to ensure that learning objectives are met effectively
- Understand regulations and standards, ensure delivery of courseware complies with commercial, government, regulatory and organizational standards and specifications
- Collaborate with stakeholders and service providers (e.g., curriculum developers, instructional systems designers, engineers, programmers, strategic learning advisors, etc.) to develop creative training enhancements, guided skills practices, job aids, capstone projects and activities to assist learners during and after training
- Lead projects designed to produce educational deliverables
- Perform ongoing monitoring of stakeholders operating environment and key business measures and objectives
- Identify potential issues that impact performance
- Coach and develop less experienced instructors
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer Sessions to qualify additional instructors, as required
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of Aerospace Manufacturing experience
- Experience and proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and templates
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Structural, Quality, and Electrical skills
- Experience coaching and developing others
- Professional certification(s) in aerospace manufacturing and lean
- Skills and experience in the following areas:
- Wing/Spar & Structure Assembly
- Curriculum Design
- Needs Assessment and Job Analysis
Typical Education & Experience:
Typically 6 or more years' related work experience or relevant military experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelor, Master, etc.) preferred, but not required.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 2nd shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $81,600 - $110,400
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award