Employee Credentialing and Licensing Specialist
The Employee Credentialing and Licensing Specialist is an integral member of the Licensing team, tasked with ensuring employee credentialing and licensing needs are met, consistent with the Company’s regulatory requirements. Professional credentialing requirements to work in the cannabis industry differ from state to state, and facility to facility, and the Badging Specialist is expected to coordinate with the legal and compliance teams to ensure all requirements are up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will possess strong attention to detail, proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, maintain a high sense of confidentiality and have a superior work ethic.
To ensure success, a candidate should possess strong computer and database competence, be an effective communicator, and have an appreciation for regulatory complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage current employee credentialing in assigned markets, including retail, cultivation, and corporate employees.
- Oversee day-to-day responsibilities including submissions and monitoring of new employee applications and current employee renewals.
- Oversee employee completion of any state-mandated training associated with credentialing.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources team to provide licensing and onboarding assistance for new hires.
- Assist in cannabis and non-cannabis licensing submissions and maintenance.
- Manage the state notifications for offboarding and oversee the return of credentials to state regulators.
- Collaborate with the Compliance department to stay abreast of industry related and state-mandated laws and regulations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and automate processes wherever possible.
- Perform with high customer service and collaboration across teams which participate in certain state credentialing processes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to facilitate clear communication between the company and state regulatory agencies.
- Process-minded with close attention to detail. Able to take pre-defined processes and apply them on a scalable approach.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized; comfortable managing a large volume of employee credentialing applications, renewals, and off-boarding.
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Highly motivated, with an ability to work independently.
- Strong initiative with proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification, or comparable experience required,
- Preferred 2 years experience in a regulated industry or compliance-related field,
- Cannabis industry related experience preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Google Suite.