Employee Communications Senior Manager
What’s the role?
Etsy is looking for an Employee Communications Senior Manager with a strategy, technology and/or communications background to inform, inspire, and engage Etsy’s globally-distributed team. You will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution of some of our most critical employee touchpoints, ensuring our teams have the knowledge and context they need to deliver on our mission. You'll be the go-to internal comms partner for Etsy teams including HR, IT, and more, on initiatives that touch every corner of the business. Finally, you will lead the strategy and management of our internal knowledge platform, as well as our other internal communications tooling.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Employee Communications and the base salary range will be 116,000 - 150,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. This role requires your presence in Etsy’s Brooklyn office in an in-person or flex capacity. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes as well as vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
The Employee Comms team is a small but agile group of strategic communicators with a love of words and a passion for Etsy’s mission. Sitting within Strategy & Operations, we advise critical aspects of the employee experience and connect the dots between executives, leaders, orgs, and Etsy subsidiaries to equip our employees with the information they need to do their best work.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Leading a wide range of projects and key communications initiatives that engage a global, company-wide audience, both live and async
- Partnering with internal operations teams across the company, including HR, Workplace, IT, Strategy & Operations, Finance, and Legal, to ensure their communications to broad employee audiences are clear, effective, and consistent with our overall communication strategy and messaging
- Owning our company-wide intranet, the IntraKnit, with ongoing responsibility for content strategy, management, and platform improvements, as well as driving other employee comms tooling innovations with our IT team
- Advising company leaders on how to effectively lead and communicate through change
- Identifying creative ways to measure and improve the effectiveness of our internal communications
- Working with the team to develop, edit, and/or approve company-wide communications, as well as critical crisis communications
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 5-8+ years of experience working in a strategy or communications function in a fast-paced tech company (preferably public)
- Proven experience running an internal knowledge management platform or content management system used by a large audience, using analytics to optimize its UX and performance
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, in-person and virtual – with the ability to engage technical and non-technical global, cross-functional groups
- Experience partnering closely with internal operations teams, like HR, DEI, and IT
- High attention to detail and ability to distill complex ideas into clear guidance and communications
- Strong organizational skills with a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves approach and a proven ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and independently
- Solid track record of strategic change management that has resulted in increased impact and efficiency for your partners
- Experience working across multiple levels, time zones, and cultures, particularly at a scaled business
- Highly proficient in the full Google Workspace suite; familiarity with Zendesk or other intranet software; proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere (or other video editing software) a plus
- Dedication to Etsy’s vision, mission, and values
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.