Email Marketing Specialist
We’re on a mission to help every family leave their legacy with a fast, easy, and secure way to create, manage, and distribute their estate plan online. Since 2017, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families plan for their future with a streamlined and intuitive approach that makes estate planning simple, affordable, and accessible. We’re backed by leading names in venture capital including Jackson Square Ventures, Link Ventures, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, Halogen Ventures, and more.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will be joining our Content and Lifecycle team within marketing and report directly to the Sr. Content Marketing Manager. This role will help bring our email strategy to life and provide our members with a personalized experience from their first brand touchpoint through to purchase and beyond. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven, growth-stage startup at an integral time in company history allowing you to have a direct impact on the lives of millions.
You’re a kind person who collaborates well cross-functionally and with a diverse group of people. You lead with curiosity and are always willing to help out, especially if it’s for the benefit of the larger group. You take pride in your work and have great attention to detail. You are an outcomes-focused marketer that lives and breathes email, thinks in subject lines, and knows that the best campaigns are ones that are customized to their audiences. Your idea of a good time is running A/B tests to improve clickthrough rate, tweaking campaigns for optimum performance, and hunting down leaks in your funnel. You’ve built a strong foundation of email marketing, but you’re excited to take your skills to the next level. You’re hungry to learn, always looking for mentorship, and aren’t afraid to offer new perspectives. You have a strong sense of ownership over all the work you do and are able to work both independently and collaboratively. You’re ready to work in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable pivoting strategies and tasks quickly as priorities evolve. Ultimately, you are an incredibly hard worker who can identify impactful opportunities and take initiative. If you’re an email marketing specialist and looking to make an immediate impact at a company with strong momentum and tremendous upside, then this could be the role for you!
With support from the Lifecycle Marketing Manager and Sr. Content Marketing Manager, you will:
- Ensure all email communications support Trust & Will’s (and its affiliates) brand, mission, and identity
- Build email campaigns and automated flows that support the larger marketing strategy, including onboarding of new members, ongoing engagement, and retention programs
- Optimize for user segmentation and content personalization by identifying user attributes, behavior, and preference
- Collaborate with the Design team to design new templates and graphics for email
- Write, build, and deploy new email campaigns and flows
- Assist in managing deliverability and health of email lists
- Help to set up A/B tests, methodologies, hypotheses, and more
- Work toward defined KPIs to effectively measure the impact of email and report on program performance
- 3-4 years experience in developing email marketing programs
- Superior writing, proofreading, and editing abilities
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Understanding of email marketing concepts, HTML, metrics, and the laws governing business email use
- Experience in email with an emphasis on experimentation
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who energizes teammates and serves as a brand ambassador
- Proficient in running logic queries to build segmentation and lists
- Intellectually curious -- constantly seeking to understand and internalize various subject areas of a technical business model along with industry best practices and trends
- Enjoying testing different types of technology, vendors, and concepts within email
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven, and outside-of-the-box thinker looking to tie programs to measurable business results
Bonus Points for:
- Experience crafting email programs and campaigns in tech, financial services, or fintech, strongly preferred
- Experience working within Klaviyo preferred
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Our salary range for this position is $65,000- $75,000, in addition to compensation we also include an employee equity package as a component of our offer along with other benefits and perks outlined below.
- Unlimited time off that you are encouraged to use
- Quarterly company-wide breaks (think Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall break)
- Monthly friends & family days
- 4 days/year to volunteer in your community
- Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Fantastic health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and generous parental leave
- Financial wellness benefits (Certified Financial Planner support, savings options, and employee-sponsored 401k)
- A formal mentorship program, guest speakers & reimbursement for learning opportunities
- Flexible work schedule + hours
- Family-friendly work environment. We support the complexity of a remote world with the needs of families
- Optional company-sponsored events and travel throughout the year
- $500 Work from home stipend + mac & Apple accessories
- Join an Inc. Magazine Best Workplace winner!