Email Marketing Manager
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
Degreed is in need of a collaborative and energetic email marketer. You have an understanding of all things email marketing: Crafting winning subject lines and compelling content, precision in list-building, and an eagerness to dive into the metrics to help us get better and smarter.
As Email Marketing Manager you will work across all Marketing teams - Field Marketing, Digital/Campaign Marketing, Product Marketing and Brand - to support a cohesive strategy, consistent campaigns/themes, compelling and hyper-targeted audience focused content. You will assist in executing the strategy as driven by the Marketing Automation Manager, coordinating and performing sends, analyzing post-send data and metrics and communicating results to the appropriate stakeholders.
Day in the Life
- Execute email marketing campaigns including setup and design, content creation, proofreading, testing, approvals, scheduling and implementation
- Perform database segmentation, identify target audiences, create email lists, purge non-deliverable addresses, opt-outs and recipients unlikely to engage
- Ensure that email creative is visually compelling and on-brand, with appropriate and current Degreed language
- Manage CRM (Salesforce) and other marketing tools (Hubspot, etc.) to ensure that actions taken on emails (form submissions, registrations) trigger the proper workflows - automated email confirmations, notifications, e-delivery of PDFs, etc.
- Track, analyze and report metrics of email campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- A/B test subject lines and creative and build winning attributes into future email campaigns
- Use UTM tracking & review email heatmaps for improved email performance
- Maintain email marketing calendar
- Manage the biweekly newsletter, work with internal teams to make sure content is relevant and meaningful
- Monitor email marketing activity company-wide (Sales, Sales Development, Client Experience, Product) to ensure consistency, alignment and reduce over-emailing
- Ensure we keep our email sender score/domain authority within recommended levels
- Follow email marketing best practices
- Implement automated nurture and drip campaigns to keep subscribers engaged
- Execute & experiment multi-touch email campaigns to increase sales funnel velocity and opportunity conversion
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in an email marketing role, ideally at B2B/SAAS companies
- Experience in Salesforce and marketing automation platforms like Hubspot, Outreach, Marketo as well as tools such as Google Analytics, Google Drive, Asana, Slack, Engagio, ZoomInfo, NeverBounce
- Knowledge of email regulations such as GDPR, CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Knowledge of HTML
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to be flexible and succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly growing organization
- Over-the-top attention to detail and editing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departments
- Driven with enthusiasm for experimentation and continuous improvement, excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
- Able to effectively work remote, and balance working with teams in global time zones
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.