Email Marketing Manager
Segment is looking for an Email Marketing Manager to own day-to-day execution and operations of our email marketing program. The role will focus on driving top of funnel demand through content and event promotion, as well as personalized, triggered emails for down-funnel conversion. The role will sit on the Marketing Operations team and work closely with multiple cross-functional stakeholders throughout Marketing.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop end-to-end triggered demand-gen email campaigns as well as ad-hoc promotional emails for Segment content and events
- Work cross-functionally with PMM, Content Marketing, and Growth to leverage stakeholder content and drive pipeline
- Set up corresponding Salesforce campaigns to sync Marketo members and campaign performance
- Create Unbounce landing pages for full-funnel campaign execution
- A/B test email templates, subject lines and nurture flows
- Own audience segmentation and provide visibility into list composition and growth by region, persona, industry and sales segment
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on standard email metrics, as well as impact on funnel performance
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years working in an email marketing role
- Hands-on experience with Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, or similar B2B email tool
- Proficiency with BI/ reporting tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc
- Solid spreadsheet skills
- Experience with other marketing tech platforms a plus (Salesforce, customer.io, Segment, Unbounce)
- Ability to build complex triggered, multi-stage email nurture journeys with personalized content
- Advanced segmentation capabilities - both in Marketo, as well as slicing and dicing lists from Looker/ spreadsheets
- Solid copy writing skills
- Ability to edit HTML/ CSS email templates
- Understanding of the customer journey and ability to optimize for down-funnel conversion - not just opens and clicks
- Experience iterating A/B tests, with a focus on formulating a hypothesis, setting up a test properly and reporting on results
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on
- Salesforce, Looker, Google Analytics experience
- Experience with conversation marketing tools/chatbots (Drift, Intercom, etc)
- Marketo Certified Expert
This role will be remote, and based in the United States.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $90,320 - $112,900.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $95,680 - $119,600.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $106,240 - $132,800.
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.