Email Marketing Lead
As a new role in our Growth Marketing Team, the Email Marketing Lead, Campaigns will play a key role in our continued focus on retention and lifecycle communications. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Lifecycle & CRM, you will build, launch, and analyze the email campaigns that help delight and retain our 900,000+ engaged customers. This role will be data-driven, but equally creative, and completely instrumental in scaling growth for Who Gives a Crap across Australia, EU, UK and North America.
You will help inform and execute a strategic plan and use data to drive decisions that will optimize our email marketing and other lifecycle campaigns.
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with various teams to think of creative, out-of-the-box ways to bring value to our customers
- You’ll work closely with the Creative and Brand teams to ensure a dynamic, engaging and authentic brand experience that truly reflects the spirit of our mission and retains, delights, and grows our database
- You’ll create, manage, and analyze all email marketing campaigns to ensure we’re applying best practice, using analytics to inform decisions, and driving new innovations that help us break the mould
80% of this goal will be managing the campaign operations of our email marketing channel for both the D2C and B2B sides of our business. The remaining 20% will be focused on testing new CRM campaign focused channels (like Direct Mail, Referral and SMS!).
We’re a remote-first business and are open to talented humans from all over the world, as long as you’re dedicated to AEST or PST for core collaboration with your greater team and have what it takes to take our user experience above and beyond. Our Growth team works across EST, PST and AEST time zones from New York, Ohio, Los Angeles, Melbourne, and more.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Led the email creation and launch of our newest Limited Edition toilet paper
- Created the announcement email that we’ve officially launched in Canada
- Had (too much?) fun with the email pod brainstorming playful email content for next quarter’s calendar
- Did a deep dive on our monthly KPI dashboards to monitor, analyze and identify trends in campaign performance in the last month
- Led a brainstorm with an email pod on how we can innovate and break the mould on our next campaign – we do some pretty fun brainstorming sessions
- Found and pitched a new email technology to use that helps our users know exactly when the right time to get their next box of TP
- Collaborated with Social on creating integrated campaigns and sharing audience learnings and key takeaways
- Owned and managed prospect databases, constantly exploring new methods for list growth across our D2C websites, B2B portals and our blog
- Did a little nerdy research on spam and privacy laws
Let’s talk about you
You're an email geek!
- You have experience building, managing and reporting on blast email campaigns
- You keep yourself up to speed on email best practice: audience segmentation, cadence, A/B testing, QA, and of course – design trends
- Knowledge of an email or CRM platform for template building, segmentation, email send automation and email campaign management (e.g. Klaviyo, Hubspot, Iterable, Mailchimp, Marketo, etc).
You’re driven by data
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross-functionally across the business
- You get customer analytics: Open Rate, CTR, Conversion Rate, Cohort Analysis, LTV, Churn, Payback Time, etc.
- Excel, Google Sheets and analytical skills are required. You are not afraid of big data sets! “=Index(Match” is tattooed on your leg next to ‘I heart Mom’
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, SQL is a plus
- You love a good A/B test. You know how to test well and often
You live the customer journey
- You’re passionate about delivering the optimal customer experience
- You exhibit deep empathy and think through the entire user experience of a campaign
- You want to cultivate a meaningful relationship for our customers and not just send emails for $
- You are creative in the ways that you solve problems for customers
- Delight is in every detail. You are constantly looking for ways to make emails just a little more special for customers
You’re all over the detail
- Obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from ideation to purchase
- You’re hands-on and can jump in the creative workflow. You have at least the basic skills in using design tools. Wireframes? Mock-ups? Not a problem
- You have great communication skills. You provide thoughtful and empathetic feedback often, you’re comfortable with asynchronous communications, and you write briefs like a boss (they’re informative, data-driven and make sense for a varied audience – think designers, copy writers, team leads... not just your manager)
- You have a proven track record of balancing a direct response centric approach, whilst strictly adhering to brand guidelines
- A love of toilet paper (just kidding, you can learn that on the job)
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Phew, ok... let’s take a pause. Research suggests that at this point up to 60% of those identifying as women or under-represented folks might have talked themselves out of applying. But here’s the thing, you don’t have to check every box and we are serious about the growth and development of all those who join us. So please - introduce yourself and let us know about you!
Our interview process takes roughly 3-4 weeks and is entirely virtual, with an estimated 9 hours of your time interviewing and paid project work.
- Application (allow for 1-2 weeks response time)
- Phone Interview w/ our People & Culture team (30 mins)
- Zoom Hiring Manager Interview w/ our Sr. Marketing Manager, Lifecycle & CRM (1 hour)
- Zoom Peer Interview w/ your CRM Peer and Creative teammate (1 hour)
- Zoom Homework Collaboration & Presentation w/ our Growth Marketing, Creative & Brand, CX, and Insights teams (1 hour collaborating, 1 hour presenting, plus 4 hours of paid project time over 1 week)
- Zoom Executive Meeting w/ our Senior Leadership (30 mins)
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger our impact. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s pretty great, but we don’t stop there…
The job is amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow quickly.
Our benefits are designed to support and be responsive to our healthy, happy and thriving team. On top of what you’d expect from a people-first team like ours, we offer tailored learning & development opportunities, generous paid parental leave, support through our parent and caregivers portal access to our digital mental wellbeing platform, and more. Did we mention free TP? Oh, and you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
We are passionate about fair and equitable remuneration. We pay competitively and thoughtfully based on your experience, the market and our insights. Just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in.
We’re not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We’re honored to have been recognized for the third year in a row on BuiltInLA’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and most recently on their “Best Mid-sized Places to Work” list.
We’re also humbled to have recently received our sixth consecutive Culture Amp engagement score of 90+ and as a certified B Corp, we're committed to the highest standards of social and environmental impact as a profit-for-purpose business.
Come roll with us
We believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences is what makes a strong team. The stronger our team, the closer we are to our mission – toilets and clean water for all. So come join us! We're looking for people of all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities and disabilities to come sit at our table. The only thing we're a stickler on is species – you have to be a person.