Email Content Manager
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified commerce platform that allows anyone, anywhere to pursue independence through entrepreneurship.
Shopify's Content & SEO team helps shepherd these stories of independence across our owned and organic channels. As the Email Content Manager, you will be responsible for the content team’s email channel and grow it into a key distribution channel for our content and reliable source of inspiration for our merchants. You’re a strong writer that understands the craft of email creation—from writing catchy, attention-grabbing subject lines and engaging body copy to collaborating with designers to create intuitive, eye-catching templates—as well as the science, getting equally excited to design an A/B testing plan, dive deep into analytics, and constantly iterate to drive performance.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Owning the content calendar for all emails that are part of the Content SEO email program
- Generating new ideas for email campaigns and programs that support and engage a variety of audience segments
- Writing all email copy, from subject lines to CTAs, and, on occasion, editing writing by others
- Writing and editing, on occasion, articles commissioned to support the email program
- Owning the analytics reporting process, identifying opportunities for iteration and improvement
- Working closely with UX, lifecycle marketing, data, experimentation, and marketing automation stakeholders to ensure operational success
- Working with the Editorial Lead, creating an email-specific style and tone of voice guide and implementing
- 2+ years experience in an email marketing function
- Strong writing skills, at a tech company previously is a plus but not required
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to inform email strategy
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
IMPORTANT: Please share an example of an editorial project or piece of writing you’ve worked on that you’re proud of. In your description, please explain how and why the project or piece was created, its (measurable) impact, and why you’re so happy with the final product.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.