What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
The Job You Will Perform:
- Responsible for leading systems, processes and procedures that promote a positive safety culture, which results in an injury free and healthy workplace. Collaborate with local leadership to execute on all local, state, federal regulatory EHS requirements and company EHS programs. This position reports directly to the Plant/Complex General Manager and will work functionally with regional EHS staff
- Responsible for supporting and fostering the safety culture, safety and environmental compliance of the manufacturing facilities
- This position is based in Indianapolis and supports two sites (Indianapolis, IN, and St. Anthony, IN).
- Assign and track all EHS activities, corrective action plans and tasks to completion and update as needed; Maintain appropriate documentation
- Assess facility programs against performance standards and develop corrective action plans to close gaps
- Manage leading indicator efforts including safe work observation process, 5S, hazard recognition and controls
- Lead and maintain Contractor safety effort; assist in development of contractor work plans and monitor compliance
- Manage energy control, hearing conservation and chemical management programs
- Participate in required internal and external EHS audits and inspections; Coordinate and review results to ensure deficiency correction
- Lead incident investigations, complete investigation files, develop corrective action plans and manage worker's compensation process
- Lead initiatives to strategically plan, communicate, deliver and track required employee training. Responsible for makeup training process and new hire onboarding
- Responsible for plant-wide EHS communications; utilize resources from EHS function, participate in Area EHS calls and communicate/distribute materials to site leaders; prepare and provide info at plant-wide meetings
- Promote sustainability of safety leadership tools; provide feedback to leaders on skill improvements needed
- Participate and support an active cross functional safety committee
- Maintain files, environmental permits, inspections, certifications and submissions (VOC, waste water, storm water, cyclone, silo, Tier II, DMR's, Air, etc)
- Lead deliberate improvement efforts to improve EHS performance
- Work with lead team to develop and implement site-specific annual objectives for EHS
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in EHS required
- 3-5 years EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with progressive EHS cultures and safety leadership
- Knowledge of EHS compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Presentation and delivery skills
- Aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion to accomplish EHS requirements and objectives
- Willingness to travel for training, meetings and benchmarking and weekly support of multiple facilities within geography
- Ethics and Values
- Business Acumen
- Process Management\Drive for Results
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Paid time off including vacation and holidays
- Retirement and 401(k) Matching Program
- Medical & dental
- Education & development (including tuition reimbursement)
- Life & disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
- Leadership training
- Promotional opportunities
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com or (877) 973-3919.