Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar - North Little Rock, Arkansas, we take pride in working together to safely build machines that build a better world. We strive for excellence in manufacturing, providing the best quality products to our customers and we want you to help make it happen!
Are you an EHS leader that seeks to develop relationships first, always seeks out new ways of doing things and not afraid to challenge the status quo?
If you are, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Earthmoving Division in North Little Rock, AR team as a EHS Manager! In this role you will use your skills and knowledge to play an integral part in building a high performing safety culture.
This position will set the strategy for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) for the North Little Rock facility. This role will work with leaders and employees to continue to build a culture that is relentless in its pursuit of developing a proactive safety culture, achievement of sustainability goals, and regulatory compliance. This role will partner with other EHS Managers at the division to develop the culture of the facility and ensure compliance.
Have we sparked your interest? If so, please read on to learn how you can actively support our vision!
What You Will Do:
As the EHS Manager, you will get the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Building innovative EHS solutions for our teams to achieve a proactive safety culture, utilizing data analytics, metrics, cultural insights, and other data sources.
- Providing EHS guidance, direction, and leadership across the facility through frequent interaction and coaching
- Development of training curriculum for employees and leaders, both for initial on-boarding and on-going safety training needs
- Leading efforts to turn feedback we receive from employees into actions to support improved safety and continuous improvement.
- Identifying common and more complex safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organization's operations and establishes guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Facilitating incident investigation, helping to drive to root cause.
- Ensuring the NLR facility is in compliance regarding EHS directives, both organizational and regulatory
What You Have:
- Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply knowledge of risk management appropriately to diverse situations.
- Implements function-wide risk management processes and tools.
- Designs cross-functional risk management processes, tools, and audit mechanisms.
- Collaborating: Knowledge of collaborative techniques; ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates experience engendering collaborative processes that lead to problem solving and the achievement of business goals.
- Implements methods for people to come together on the fly to make decisions, solve problems, and develop products/services.
- Interpersonal Relationships : Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- I nfluences key individuals inside and outside own group and earns their respect.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships within and outside of own area.
- Establishes and maintains credibility with clients and teammates.
- Problem Solving : Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
- Organizes potential problem solvers and leads problem resolution efforts.
- Develops successful resolutions to critical or wide-impact problems.
- EHS: Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Formulates health and safety plans and policies, e.g. a fire safety plan and road safety policy.
- Collaborates across multiple departments to facilitate EHS management.
- Controls pollution and minimizes waste of materials, energy and water within the organization.
Additional Info :
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Relocation assistance is available.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.