Perform tasks and activities assigned to support the site in achieving zero accidents, zero environmental incidents, and zero non-conformances within the following functions: occupational safety, industrial safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental protection.
Auburn Hills specializes in high-mix, low-to-medium volume product solutions, with expertise in the healthcare, analytical instrumentation, and automotive industries.
Leveraging the power of 250,000 people in more than 100 strategic sites around the world, Jabil delivers comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services for customers in a broad range of industries.
As a single point of accountability, we help:
- Innovate and develop designs optimized for performance and manufacturability
- Rapidly prototype for accelerated product introductions
- Manufacture the highest-quality products and components using the latest automation and process technologies
- Stringently validate and test with proprietary, integrated methodologies
- Ensure that customers build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach target markets with intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions
Our flexible approach streamlines the entire product lifecycle, empowering the customer to focus on what matters most to their business — with the peace of mind that Jabil has the rest covered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains files and documentation records as required by Jabil systems and regulatory bodies
- Identifies and reacts to unsafe behaviors and conditions at the site
- Supports development and implementation of general safety policies and procedures to be followed by site personnel in compliance with local, state, and national safety and health rules and regulations
- Analyzes and quantifies risks and supports others through the development of solutions and programs that mitigate EHS risks, providing feedback and expertise, including o Participates in EHS risk assessments; o Describes ideal conditions (both Environmental and Health & Safety)
- Participates in cross functional teams for incident investigations, including:
- Facilitating root cause analysis using tools such as fishbone diagram, 5why, etc.
- Ensuring that actions are entered into the incident management system (EHSIP) according to policy
- Verifying corrective actions are completed and sustained
- Supports site hazardous waste management system including related documentation and training, proper labeling and handling, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Supports recycling program to help identify waste reduction, reuse and recycling opportunities
- Reports greenhouse gas data through corporate carbon disclosure system
- Evaluates new chemicals to ensure current controls are adequate and to mitigate risk and works to identify lower risk chemicals if necessary
- Supports the Emergency Response Program including ensuring training is developed and implemented
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry / biology, environmental sciences, (environmental, mechanical, or chemical) engineering, safety or other EHS related discipline with 0-1+ years of relevant experience OR equivalent education and training
- Some manufacturing experience is a plus
- Advanced reading, writing and math skills required Advanced PC skills (keyboarding skills, function key usage, advanced mouse usage, opening, Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Engineer I (continued) closing, moving, and deleting programs, folders and files using MS Windows)
- Excellent communication skills including ability to speak to large groups of people including customers
- Ability to gather data, prepare reports, and perform initial analysis of data Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with frequent interruptions, and frequently-changing priorities
- Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Individual may be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor
- Main work area is located in the office area, with occasional time spent on the manufacturing floor
- The noise level in the work environment is normally low to moderate
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.