At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
Job Title: Fragrance & Beauty, Education Executive
CHANEL, Inc., a leader in the luxury goods industry, seeks an Education Executive (EE). The EE reports into a Market Director, partnering closely with the Field Education Director to ensure that all education needs of the Beauty Advisor and CHANEL Multi-Brand Retail (MBR) sales force are met through the communication of product knowledge, positioning, and selling strategies during key learning moments and in-store education.
With a focus on talent, the Education Executive is also responsible for leading the people development activities at designated counters, including hiring decisions, identifying development needs, and coaching. Understanding the talent landscape in their respective Market to ensure Chanel is recruiting and developing top teams. This individual is also responsible for supporting the total CHANEL skincare, makeup, and fragrance business and expanding our client base via exceptional client service.
- Support and contribute to attaining the Fragrance & Beauty division sales objectives
- Analyze market/door reports to identify opportunity doors and communicate ideas for redirection to Field Education Director, Market Director, and Account Executive
- Partner with Market Director (MD) and Field Education Director (FED) to ensure that people strategies/activities align with business strategies and objectives
- Administrative duties include calendar planning for virtual seminars, events, and delivery of counter curriculum, organization of product, virtual seminar preparation, and adhering to budgetary guidelines - some of which are time sensitive and require adherence to deadlines
- Maintain knowledge of talent across market, including career goals, to contribute to talent conversations and strategies
- Partner with CHANEL Market Directors to develop market talent strategies and provide feedback to Education team to facilitate the creation of solutions for counter teams
- Collaborate with Account Executives on development plans for top talent, leveraging their skills and interests so that key education strategies/goals are attained and ensure market growth
- Conduct ongoing in-store education in the assigned market focusing on elevated service, product knowledge, and CHANEL-specific application techniques with clear benchmark improvement
Brand Image & Experience:
- Champion the use of all education tools; e.g., INSIDE BEAUTY, pocket guides, etc., in-store to increase BA product knowledge and artistry skills
- Participate in orientation/onboarding activities for all new hires using company-approved platforms and materials
- Use innovative in-store learning activities to engage BAs at counter
- Model behavior with side-by-side coaching on service ritual, application techniques, and all facets of clienteling behavior including the effective use of the respective retailers’ clientele systems
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years education experience
- 3-5 years of experience in retail sales
- Platform performance skills with an emphasis on adult learning
- Ability to flex schedule based on business needs
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Leadership and coaching skills, and knowledge of talent development processes
- Strong written and oral skills
- Proven ability to recruit
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Home office set up
- Travel requirement of approximately 50-75%
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift at minimum 40 pounds
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth.
This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay may will be offered for this position
Benefits and Perks
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.