Editorial Services Manager
Draft (formerly Contentfly) is building the content infrastructure that companies leverage to build, scale, and optimize their revenue engines. We're a fully remote and distributed team of high performers on a mission to help companies tell their stories. We're a Series A company backed by Khosla Ventures, YCombinator & other top-tier investors, we've grown to have an incredibly talented team of 50+ people and $8m in ARR in the last year and a half. With a world-class talent marketplace and a team that consistently raises the bar, we have an opportunity to build an all-in-one platform for exceptional content marketing.
Reporting to the Director, Marketplace Operations, the Editorial Services Manager will serve as the key point of contact for all internal editorial services provided to our customers. This individual will work closely with our platform writers, freelance editors and product teams in helping to shape our editorial services and product roadmap.
- Obsessed with the details, attention to detail comes naturally and you strive for perfection.
- Customer obsessed, you want the best for your customers and will do whatever it takes to get great results.
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize, and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members
- An empathetic leader and mentor, you have a way of connecting with individuals that allows you to truly understand their experiences and deliver critical feedback to editors and writers
- Gritty & curious, you're a self starter, with the entrepreneurial mindset to drive success for the writers and customers.
- Strategic, you are constantly thinking about the next move and basing decisions on data or calculated hunches.
Here's what you'll be doing day to day…
- Drive quality: Make sure content meets the desired quality standards of clients by checking the style, tone, structure, grammar, accuracy, and other important aspects of each text match the clients’ needs. This is the primary goal of the program.
- Define processes: Analyze our current content review processes, identify weaknesses, and make recommendations to build systems to streamline the editorial process. Examining the relevance and accuracy of the sources used in the content creation
- Manage freelancers: Work with and manage freelance teams to provide editorial services and manage revision processes. Track editorial spending and manage editorial budget, maximizing efficient content production for customers.
- Enable writers: Implement various programs to improve writers’ and customers’ experience on the platform and educate writers on how to succeed when writing for Draft’s customer base.
- Collaborate: Work with various teams to improve how customers and writers on our platform can work more effectively together, or how we can develop more writer focused product features.
Your Experience and Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for the Editorial Services Manager position will possess the following competencies:
- 5+ years of working experience in management and operation of complex editorial structures and processes. Experience leading editorial operations for content marketing teams is a huge plus.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring large teams of freelance content writers.
- Experience editing a wide variety of written marketing content formats such as blog posts, ebooks, ad copy, landing pages, and product descriptions.
- Mastery of the essentials of writing for multiple use cases such as SEO, conversion copywriting, thought leadership, etc. Data-informed and creatively led, with the ability to translate analytics into action
- Ability to define and delegate tasks, and motivate/manage others in a remote culture
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including prior experience in managing production processes and making recommendations to improve processes
Why you'll love working here:
- Unlimited vacation/PTO + Stock Options
- Fully remote and distributed teams
- Full Health benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free laptop and home office budget, we've also got your cellphone/internet covered too!
- Ongoing training and education budgets
- We'll fly you around the world multiple times a year to hang out with the Draft Picks in interesting places
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Draft is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. Draft is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.