San Francisco, CA
The Schwab Community Services team believes in the power of financial education and community service to unleash peoples’ potential. We are dedicated to helping people achieve lifelong financial well-being through educational programs and content, employee volunteerism, thought-leadership and advocacy.
The Schwab Community Services team is a critical driver in enhancing corporate reputation, client affinity and employee engagement. We are responsible for simultaneously delivering measurable impact in our communities and for our business.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
Employees may have the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
What you are good at
The Editorial Director / Financial Writer is an individual contributor who leads financial content strategy, content development and writing for Schwab Community Services. This role reports to the Managing Director of Schwab Community Services (SCS) and works collaboratively across the team.
- Writing and overseeing the development of all personal finance and financial education content for Schwab Community Services and Charles Schwab Foundation. This includes:
- Bi-weekly personal finance columns
- Financial planning and money management content for schwabmoneywise.com
- A quarterly article for Schwab’s Onward magazine
- Social media content
- Video scripts
- Content for additional publications both inside and outside of Schwab
- Note that all this content is intended to make personal finance accessible and relatable for regular people across backgrounds, ages and income levels
- Creating annual, quarterly and bi-weekly editorial plans and calendars that coordinate content across several editorial channels.
- Writing opinion pieces and advocacy content to advance financial education and empowerment.
- Exploring new opportunities for expanding SCS content distribution.
- Collaborating across the team on special projects to support SCS mission to promote financial literacy nation-wide.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Foundation to develop financial literacy content for distribution with nonprofit partners.
- Acting as financial planning and personal finance subject matter expert for Schwab Community Services team.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Valid and active Series 7 license preferred; CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in personal finance writing for the general public.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex financial concepts in simple, understandable and unstuffy terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to build relationships and collaborate with corporate colleagues across the Schwab Center for Financial Research, marketing, corporate communications, and other enterprises.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment.
- The ability to manage and coach freelance writers as needed.
- The ability to be flexible and shift gears in response to changing business situations.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong editorial skills including proofreading, copyediting, and strategic planning.
- A desire to continue to grow your knowledge and skills.
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.