We Are Bed Bath & Beyond:
At Bed Bath & Beyond, we believe that everyone should “Be You!”. Bed Bath & Beyond is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
This position is eligible for remote work. Currently we can hire employees in the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. This role will have occasional on site expectations.
Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking a talented Editorial Director to join our Creative Content team within the marketing organization. The Editorial Director will be responsible for shaping the voice and content strategy of our brand across various digital and print platforms, ensuring that it resonates with our customers and reinforces our position as a leader in the home goods retail industry.
The Editorial Director will be a key contributor to our omnichannel seasonal campaign development. The Editorial Director also manages and helps write copy where needed with a primary focus on our email campaigns.
The Editorial Director should be passionate about leading and inspiring a small team of copywriters, as well as jumping in and writing regularly. This role should provide project management for the copy team as needed.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive editorial strategy that aligns with the company's brand and marketing objectives, encompassing promotional campaigns, blog posts, social media, email campaigns, and other digital and print channels.
- Inspire and develop creative editorial campaigns that create buzz, engage our audiences, and build brand loyalty.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar that strategically plans and schedules content to coincide with sales, holidays, product launches, and relevant industry events.
- Work closely with Sr. Creative Director to ensure there is clarity on the creative vision for the work and that it is rooted in data & insights.
- Oversee all work done by the copy team. Nurture growth and exceptional creative ideas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure copy briefs are clear, rooted in consumer insights, cultural trends, past performance, and comprehensive understanding of product stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain a strong focus on our email channel, collaborating with cross-functional marketing leaders to champion creative innovation and creative personalization tailored to each audience.
- Monitor audience engagement metrics and feedback to refine and optimize content strategies continuously.
- Work closely with the SEO team to ensure all content is optimized for search engines, helping to improve organic visibility and drive traffic to our digital properties.
- Ensure that all content adheres to the brand's voice, style, and guidelines, maintaining a consistent and compelling brand identity.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, consumer insights, and competitor activities to inform content strategies and maintain a competitive edge.
- Continuously monitor and look for ways to improve the quality, value, and efficiency of copy production
What You Need To Succeed
- Deep Expertise in Email Channels, crafting campaigns tailored to unique audiences that drive engagement and increase conversion.
- Proven ability in sourcing, analyzing, and crafting practical plans from global cultural, consumer, marketing, and business insights. This includes spotting trends, understanding diverse consumer behaviors, and translating these into marketing and creative strategies.
- Proven track record for effectively working across various teams, partners, and agencies, demonstrating alignment with the creative vision and ensuring clarity for all stakeholders involved.
- Experience leading editorial teams specifically for consumer brand/retail audiences
- Experience contributing copy and content ideas for social media programs, inclusive of platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, X (Twitter) and YouTube. Should encompass tactical and strategic knowledge in the owned, earned, and paid social campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience writing professionally.
- Proven experience in content strategy and creation, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior editorial role.
- Proficiency in Asana – project management software
- Strong knowledge of language trends and familiarity with a range of style guides
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to quickly and easily toggle between managerial tasks and hands-on writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively and creatively
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to act as an easygoing, effective, and patient mentor
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and switch gears
- Eagle eye for detail
- Ability to serve as a cooperative team member who takes initiative and remains calm under pressure
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team of creative professionals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in SEO best practices and content management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the retail and home goods industry.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience hiring and leading diverse teams
Base Salary Range
$120,000 - $145,000
Who We Are:
We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Employee Resource Groups (LatinX, Black Employee Network, LGBTQIA+, Women’s Network, Women In Tech)
- And More…
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.