Editorial Content Manager
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
The Communications Team is the steward of the identity and reputation of Naughty Dog and its portfolio of best-selling, award-winning games. Our team’s area of responsibility encompasses all aspects of external and internal communications by ourselves or in partnership with our colleagues at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
As the Editorial Content Manager, you will contribute to the development and on-going campaigns of Naughty Dog and all our game franchises—past, present, and future. This position will have the opportunity to create and strategize what our editorial calendar looks like and how we communicate to our community the diverse array of game content in a meaningful and authentic way. You must be prepared to work across small-scale projects to broad-scale marketing initiatives, balancing multiple priorities and deadlines effectively. This role is highly collaborative ranging from content planning to strategy assistance and project management of Comms Teams tasks to ensure we are all in lockstep as a unit.
This role will have a direct impact on how we position and speak to our community around live services as well as new and existing IP’s; we think it’s a fantastic opportunity to get on the ground floor of Naughty Dog breaking into new territories!
- Develop strategy and content aligned with short-term and long-term goals of Naughty Dog
- Handle strategic daily release of game content, ensuring all goals and deadlines are met
- Collaborate with marketing, internal stakeholders, and any outside partners to plan and develop website content, style and layout
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic during key launch
- Develop an editorial calendar across written, audio, video platforms, and ensure broader team collaboration and alignment
- Create and publish engaging content across various platforms: such as blogs, social media, and PlayStation platforms, among others
- Write, edit, proofread, and improve holistic content library for all Naughty Dog IP work and optimize content for SEO best practices (such as keyword strategies)
- Use our analytics dashboards to analyze website traffic and users' engagement metrics and advise on how to adjust or take advantage of different workflows; Measure KPI’s and be able to articulate findings in a way that will improve our targets moving forward
- Competitive research and monitoring; stay informed on latest trends and opportunities, be inspired by amazing things others in our space are doing
- Work closely with Marketing Producer on all the above – especially with attention to the rapid online cycle for our campaigns
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in editorial content, marketing, comms, and/or related fields
- Strong project management skills – we need this individual to communicate moving tasks and deliverables to the larger team on a timely basis
- Brings Naughty Dog level of effort and quality to their own work; pushes for creative ideas, is purposeful and enterprising in problem-solving, embraces diversity in thinking
- Open and collaborative approach to their work; we’re not precious about getting feedback and input on our ideas and value an individual that’s open to asking questions and working openly with various team members
- Displays behavior consistent with the Naughty Dog culture; upholds creative, ethical, and legal standards
- Excellent writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities across a variety of mediums including written and video
- Proactively reports back to supervisor and others, as needed, on key areas, such as plans, project status, internal challenges, results, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills; cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team
- Demonstrate initiative; proactive, roll-up-one’s- sleeves attitude and a strong work ethic; ability to work independently.
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; passion, and strong critical thinking skills
- Open and collaborative approach to their work; comfort in a fast-paced organization navigating ambiguity and change. We’re not precious about getting feedback and input on our ideas and value an individual that’s open to asking questions and working openly with various team members
- Ability to work concurrently on and effectively prioritize a variety of projects. Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to objectively interpret player feedback and make actionable recommendations to the development and marketing teams
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), Slack, Google, Miro, Trello, etc.
- Current and emerging social media platforms and knowledge of social tools for content management, listening, and analytics, such as Khoros, Social Bakers, and Google Analytics
- Live Services Content Creation and Direction
- Video Game or Entertainment Industry Experience
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates may be asked to complete a test.