Republic is a global financial firm that allows everyone to participate in private market activity. We are powered by the only digital financial infrastructure in the market capable of facilitating compliant, scalable, and cross-border micro transactions across a wide range of traditional and digital assets.
Republic operates a synergistic network of regulated investment advisers, broker-dealers, funding portals, and technical advisory services globally. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $3B in investments, has supported over 2,000 companies, and comprises a community of over 3M members across 150+ countries.
Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
Republic Crypto is accelerating the growth of Web3 by supporting its most ambitious builders and investors. We’re looking for an Economics Associate to join the Republic Crypto Advisory Service team to help support client-facing economic design and implementation.
What you'll do
- Report regularly to enterprise clients regarding education in Web 3 topics, mainly focused in economics and the deliverables of the economics team
- Set expectations, deadlines, and coordinate the initiation, execution, submission, and iteration of deliverables from the Economics Team
- Support economics leadership in developing and creating theoretical, financial, and visual models of network, protocol, and game economies
- Support economics leadership in the analysis of token utility testing, and iteration on token utility hypotheses
- Work closely with Research Associate to dissect and critique competing economic models in the industry
- Attend and participate in client economics meetings, tracking their needs from the team and driving timelines for deliverable execution
Our ideal candidate
- 1-2 years experience in consulting for large enterprises or equivalent experience
- Ability to distill complex system designs and economic models into fundamental components and modules
- Persistent curiosity and creativity to develop mechanism designs that allow for widely varied and novel Web 3 products to implement features that maximize token utilities
- Ability to verbally and effectively articulate economic frameworks, experimental methodologies, and monetary/fiscal policy to clients who are not intimately familiar either economics or Web3 vocabularies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related field, or demonstrated track record of building, analyzing, and broad understanding existing economic literature
Republic is a place for innovators and visionaries. We empower employees to build what hasn't been built before and support opportunities for growth. Our mission to democratize access to investing, capital raising, and community building is pushed forward by every team, from legal to engineering. Republic is a venture-backed company, we most recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V