e-Commerce Graphic Designer
New York, NY
NeoStrata, a Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health company, is recruiting for an innovative e-Commerce Graphic Designer on our Ecommerce team. Reporting to the head of creative design, this position will focus on our D2C business, digital experiences and branding.
As the digitally native Johnson & Johnson skin health brand, our team champions agile thinking, iterative design and rapid prototyping. As a part of our in-house design team this individual will have the opportunity to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions starting at the strategic level in collaboration with business partners.
The candidate will possess a deep understanding of the role of design in the ever-evolving world of ecommerce and digital content creation as they join a team focused on shaking up the skincare ecommerce landscape with attention paid to, owned D2C sites, Amazon, and third-party wholesalers for our 2 prestige skincare brands: Neostrata & Exuviance. By keeping our consumer needs and experiences at the forefront of strategy and design, we have demonstrated tremendous growth and are forming a team to support this trajectory.
What You’ll Do
- Design marketing materials including: email, affiliate, paid social, media, & homepage/ site
- Produce wireframes, designs and typography according to digital best-practices and team priorities
- Partner with brand teams on product launches and in-store activations to deliver consistent look and feel across the ecosystem
- Develop evolving creative assets based on test & learn principles, user behavior & new feature developments as driven by the broader team
- Act as liaison to cross-functional teams to clarify and finalize project specifications
- As a problem solver and an accomplished designer, the candidate will build pixel-perfect designs that accurately represent the branding guidelines for both brands
- Present work to internal team and incorporate feedback in timely manner
- Craft and deliver products and services inclusive of: website art, email campaigns affiliate communications and social media assets.
- Drive & optimize creative strategy of the social commerce programs, based on testing & learning, user behavior, & feature developments.
- Partner closely with ecommerce and brand teams to communicate & deliver on creative needs, including feedback & approvals, in a timely & steadfast fashion
- Maintain brand guidelines and ensure assets hold brand consistency
Who You Are
- Focused, enthusiastic and analytical
- Self-starter, excited to inspire a team with fresh ideas and new approaches
- Someone who loves to push team members to expand their skills and bring new ideas to life
- Able to toggle between concept development and implementation
- Someone with a good understand of digital/ecommerce design standards who with prior e-commerce experience
- Hands-on designer with experience building digital products and services
- Able to take a complex challenge and deliver an elegant solution
- Eager to produce design solutions that are both beautiful and effective
- Empathetic for consumers and colleagues equally. Success will depend on effective engagement with a wide range of partners and ability to articulate design solutions to business partners
- Adept at navigating ambiguity in large organizations
- Comfortable in business facing roles
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on digital experience is required
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills are a must
- Familiar with agile teams and process
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience wire-framing onsite landing pages
- General understanding of crafting digital experiences at scale
- Familiarity with other areas of digital design landscape, including research, strategy, storytelling, visual design and data visualization is required
- Efficiency and speed, as team is consistently working under deadlines
- In-depth understanding of the Mac operating system
- Proficiency in video-editing software such as Adobe After Effects
- Sophisticated knowledge of software programs including in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SFCC and SFMC a benefit
Please provide a portfolio link to be considered for this role. The portfolio should clearly show a strong understanding of current design trends, superior craft at every stage and a combination of conceptual thinking and strategic skills.
Above all else, we hope to find a partner who is:
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to the core with sharp emotional EQ
- Able to effectively communicate design decisions and always put our consumer’s experience first
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.