Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
The People team are ambassadors of enlightened work, delivering meaningful experiences that empower us all to do our best work.
The DEI Business Partner is responsible for the long-term planning and execution of DEI strategic initiatives for specified business units. The role serves as a champion, strategic partner, and thought leader for DEI by staying informed of best practices, benchmarks, competitors and developing relevant approaches that are aligned with Dropbox’s purpose, principles and values. This role is a crucial partner to S-team (executive leadership), business leaders, our HRBPs and the talent acquisition team. We are looking for someone who is strategic and inventive, as well as great at tactical implementation and operational excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for diversity and inclusion, broad experience working on a variety of diversity initiatives, global mindset, understanding of industry DEI best practices, excellent client partnership capability, executive communication skills, analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and drive strategy in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Development of annual strategic diversity plan for business units
- Participating in hiring debriefs at the mid-management level and above
- Partner with Talent Management and HR Business Partners on Talent Reviews
- Review and share feedback on business unit succession plans
- Review and share feedback on high potential identification
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Talent Management as appropriate to:
- Provide insights on programming that should be given across the enterprise
- Share diversity updates at business unit all hands meetings
- Participate in monthly business unit leadership meetings
- Serve as an advisor to various business unit specific working groups
- Leverage data to drive insights to business leaders and HRBPs
- Support DEI team operations and special projects as needed
- 7+ years working cross functionally in a corporate environment
- 7+ years of DEI specific program management and implementation
- Internal or external consulting experience
- Strong public speaking skills
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategies for business units
- Experience in change and senior stakeholder management and across groups in an enterprise
- Experience in project/program management
- Must be comfortable working with, analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a high tech, fast-paced, hyper-growth environment is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Bachelors degree required
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, Washington D.C. metro, California (outside SF metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $133,500 - $157,100 - $180,700.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (outside Chicago Metro), North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (outside Austin Metro), Virginia (outside D.C. Metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $118,700 - $139,700 - $160,700.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).