Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leader
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leader in any of our US Hubs or remote.
This role leads key U.S. diversity, equity, and inclusion plans and programs to keep Schneider Electric among leaders in the space. This role ensures local action plans are aligned and in support of Schneider Electric’s global strategy and local business requirements.
The person in charge will own the end-to-end benchmark, deployment of policies and practices as well as work with businesses, functions, and Human Resources to execute the DEI strategy and transformation. Part of a small and agile North American people strategy team, this role is also responsible for change management, internal communications, external partnerships, and overall inclusive leader programs. It is highly influential and provides exposure to different stakeholders (HR centers of excellence, HR leadership, sustainability, Country & Business leadership).
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Manage cross-functional programs that deliver the change to support the business transformation and adoption of equitable and inclusive behaviors throughout our people processes
- Lead the development of the U.S. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plan to achieve local ambition. Communicate the plan to stakeholders and report on progress.
- Research market best practices in DEI through interactions with other companies, DEI organizations, consultants, and DEI experts. Identify and prioritize topics to support our DEI ambition
- Manage the data analysis and DEI reporting in partnership with the People Analytics team, including the annual reporting through our U.S. DEI Transparency report.
- Influence key stakeholders (managers, HR professionals, and employees) with a transparent and data-driven approach to communications, including the Annual U.S. DEI Transparency report, DEI presentations, se.com webpages, SPICE page, and regular all employee engagements such as town hall events.
- Lead the development and implementation of the new Inclusive Leader Program in partnership with the Global team to include development, assessment, analytics, and more.
- Oversee and sponsor DEI partnerships (National Society of Black Engineers & Society of Women Engineers, Catalyst, DiversityInc Best Practices) and identify areas of opportunity for new partnerships
- Coordinate the advocacy of DEI with the Company’s External and Internal communication teams. Oversee the efforts to report on DEI data to customers other DEI surveys, such as McKinsey Race in the Workplace, Human Rights Campaign, Military Friendly companies, and more.
- Champion global and local DEI moments to raise awareness and build an inclusive culture. Manage cross-functional teams to plan and implement activities as well as promote and communicate both externally and internally.
- Lead the NAM DEI Network, which drives the implementation of the strategy at the territory level and shares best practices.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Identifying external trends and recognizing best practice which will increase diversity among the workforce
- Preparing and building relationships among colleagues and business leaders through diversity and inclusion training
- Highly collaborative and strong communicate skills
- Preferred experience with DEI Initiatives
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
As a federal government contractor, all Schneider Electric U.S. employees (including U.S. territories and Puerto Rico) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to federal laws.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.