District Service Manager
This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to cover territory visits to dealerships in a reoccurring frequency.
The selected candidate will assume territorial responsibility and relocate to the Boston, MA Metro area . Relocation may be provided.
CCA's Service Operations is the organization responsible for supporting GM's global dealer network with tools and equipment, technician training and warranty administration. In addition, this organization is responsible for helping to identify product quality concerns. The District Service Manager is responsible for ensuring continuous improvement, effective delivery, customer retention and profitability in service operations. Performs observations, assessments, interviews, and analysis to provide key insights to dealership leadership on their performance and areas in which they can improve.
As a District Service Manager for Chevrolet , you have practical, hands-on vehicle knowledge, and routinely conduct analysis of data on all facets of vehicle service operations including warranty administration, service operations and customer assistance cases. A high level of cross-collaboration is required to root cause sophisticated service-related issues.
- Subject matter authority for Global Warranty Management (GWM), Service Policies and procedures, and Warranty administration
- Provides coaching to dealers, Managers of Aftersales, and District Managers of Aftersales in the area of Warranty administration
- Service department efficiency
- Improve dealership service cycle time
- Advance vehicle repair issues for additional support
- Support dealership processes to prevent delivery of vehicles with open recalls
- Champion the resolution of Customer Assistance Center (CAC) cases
- Engage with customers in special cases
- Resolve Goodwill, Warranty and Policy Requests
- Ensure district STS training compliance
- Responsible for improving the customer experience
- Ensure compliance to parts retention policies for warranty repairs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 2 years of hands-on experience leading, guiding, and improving dealership service operations in a wholesale or, retail environment required
- Must be willing and able to talk to GM/Dealer Guests to resolve customer concerns
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus on and meet assigned deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, etc.
- Intermediate level of vehicle technical knowledge including warranty administration, service operations and customer assistance
- Ability to work cross-collaborate with customers and partners
- Ability to analyze data and improve processes
- Cultivates open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
- The ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis is required
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.