District Sales Manager
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of nearly 60,000+ professionals globally who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, CUB CADET and more.
What You’ll Do
As a District Sales Manager, you’ll be part of our sales team located in Tulsa. You’ll get to:
- Achieve annual operating plan by working with distributors to increase route averages and recruiting new distributors into the territory
- Conduct effective work-with’s (truck ride a-longs) 3-4 days per week to provide coaching and support to distributors in the territory
- Attract and retain distributors into the Mac Tools business
- Conduct new franchisee training (2-week ride-along for new Distributors).
- Completes field start process with all new Distributors and revisits as needed to develop/coach as directed by Regional Manager and Regional Business Analyst
- Conducts Field Excellence Meetings monthly with entire district
- Participate at Student Tech shows
- Manage regional credits and adjustments
- Perform route surveys for all new starts as well as surveys at the request of the Regional Manager
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- BA in business or related field
- Prior experience in the mobile tool sales industry
- Demonstrated success in recruiting new talent into an organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have minimum of 5 years of route / field sales experience
- Must have minimum of 2 years management experience directing multiple field / route sales professionals
- Willingness to travel up to 80% within the specified sales territory
- Willingness to live in the sales territory
- Exposed to various work environments; on tools trucks conducting distributor work with’s (60%), traveling in a vehicle (20%) and time spent in home office (20%)
- Must be able to always (95% - 100%) lift and maneuver 20 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently (65% - 90%) lift and maneuver 35 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height
- Must be able to often (35% - 60%) lift and maneuver 45 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools company. More than a driving force in outdoor power equipment. More than a global leader in industrial. We’re visionaries and innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.