As the District Manager, you will leverage your knowledge of the business to effectively execute and quickly adapt strategies to ensure operational excellence, merchandising executions, maximum productivity and profitable sales and earnings growth. You will drive high performance across all initiatives, and ensure consistency within your portfolio as measured by company goals and KPI’s that drive a profitable portfolio You will lead, develop, coach and inspire a portfolio of stores to deliver an optimal customer and employee experience. Your goal is to lead execution and support the brand and enterprise vision, ensuring your teams are delivering results and holding their teams accountable. This position requires constant travel to stores in their designated area.
- Guarantee service standards are consistently achieved by setting the example and motivating teams on a daily basis to exceed all sales goals
- Ability to function as a role model during all store visits, ensuring that customers remain the top priority; ability to respond to all customer complaints or needs. .
- Plan and set store goals and track the progress to ensure goals are met
- Shares vision and plans execution of area strategy in alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Achieves store financial objectives in the district of sales goals, comp store increases, sales per square foot, expense control, units per transaction, payroll percent and shrinkage.
- Educating store teams on reports, analysis of business trends and inventory opportunities.
- Analyze business reports consistently and develop strategies to maximize financial performance.
- Initiates and promotes sales contests and promotional directives set forth by the company.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels based on business trends and payroll guidelines.
- Recognizes problems, analyzes causes, and generates alternatives and solutions.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all necessary paperwork required for store operation
- Practices excellent customer service at all times in order to prevent possible theft.
- Reviews and audits store processes, transactions and paperwork to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between stores and the home office.
- Ensures all stores in the district are merchandised according to visual guidelines, understands and holds teams accountable to the company visual standards.
- Communicates store inventory opportunities to the Director of Stores and allocations team.
- Instructs and participates in visual merchandising standards and directives set forth by the company.
- Monitors merchandise levels in stores and coordinates the balance of stock between stores to ensure that inventory levels are adequate.
- Ensures compliance to visual presentation standards in all stores
- Adheres to Human Resources standards following general practices.
- Recruits, selects, hires and develops diverse management level talent for the area..
- Creates and promotes a team atmosphere where employees work cooperatively and effectively to meet store performance goals.
- Ensures that all store associates are adhering to federal, state and local labor laws.
- Train, motivate, develop and direct Store Management and ensure that stores are adequately staffed at all times and succession plans are appropriately maintained.
Who the District Manager is:
- Leadership experience overseeing district, multi-unit or high volume business.
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of leading, adjusting and developing business strategies to achieve profit and loss results.
- Keen awareness of the market and external competitors and overall retail trends.
- Ability to embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and influence change to lead executions of initiatives through others while managing competing priorities.
- Able to travel overnight and/or between stores as required.
- Ability to assess complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions.
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to their own subject area.
- 3 years of multi-store leadership experience at area management level or district management level
- Experience in specialty retail division
- Spanish a plus but not required