District Event Marketing Manager
The District Event Marketing Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and managing a team of Event Marketers to build brand awareness and generate sales leads throughout their designated district (). In addition, they are responsible for sourcing Direct-to-Consumer events, managing budgets, resource planning, staff schedules and successful event execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive event-based marketing initiatives to generate sales leads for sales representative follow up
- Identify, schedule, and plan event calendar for team of Event Marketers in assigned district
- Responsibility for budgeting and staffing for identified local events
- Attend trade shows, home shows, fairs, festivals, and community events and manage event marketing team in generating new sales leads
- Manage event marketing material and equipment set up and tear down
- Collaborate with the local Operation and Installation Mangers to grow brand presence within the local market
- Recruit, hire, train and develop Event Marketers and create accountability through established Event Marketer goals and KPIs
- Develop timelines, organizational plans, and internal communications for cohesiveness and transparency across the organization
- Track and report event metrics to evaluate performance and ROI of events
- Responsible for exceeding sales lead quotas based upon established KPIs
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two+ years in a managerial position
- Strong recruiting and training skills
- Experience with large scale budgeting and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage and develop others
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for event marketing
- Travel within the assigned territory as needed
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends and pre-scheduled events
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation to/from assigned events
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without “dropping the ball”.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “today not tomorrow” mentality.
- Apply active listening skills through the ability to comprehend information presented and respond thoughtfully.
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the task at hand, no matter how minute, by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner that is both articulate and professional.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex problems, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through in-person, phone, email, and social media avenues that keeps the co-worker or customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to recognize, understand, and manage one’s own emotions as well as others, and foster positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Holding oneself responsible and being self-driven in accomplishing business goals, adhering to policies and being responsible for one’s own actions, performance, and decisions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Experience in lead generation and/or experiential marketing
- Previous management position(s) in Direct-to-Consumer marketing
- Experience in multi-unit management
- Previous experience in home improvement event marketing
- 25%-50% domestic travel required.
- Occasional overnight travel required.