Distribution Hub Supervisor
We are seeking an experienced Distribution Supervisor to ensure our newly created Southern California fleet team maintains high safety standards, strong customer relationships, advanced and innovative technology, new and well-maintained state-of-the-art equipment, good core values, and a sincere dedication to the Cannabis industry.
Under the immediate direction of the Distribution Manager, this position will oversee fleet operations at our Southern California distribution hub. This is a full-time, onsite position. Experience with fleet maintenance, warehouse safety protocol and forklift operation is highly desirable.
What You Will Do
- Develop and motivate the Fleet team to solve day-to-day operational issues to ensure a flawless and efficient delivery.
- Resolve “in the moment” issues to avoid delivery delays and operational inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate on-site leadership by modeling leadership qualities and proactively addressing concerns, conflicts, and communication hurdles with team members.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees, addressing potential safety hazards, and maintaining fleet vehicles and repair activities.
- Work closely with direct leadership to control costs and expenses in your operation in regards to labor, supplies, fuel, maintenance costs and other related expenses.
- Communicate with Sales Managers and AEs on special requests and event planning.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that drive optimal performance in the following categories:
- On-time pickup and delivery performance
- Driver availability
- Accommodation of special routing needs
- Expense control
Fleet Maintenance Duties:
- Ensure fleet vans meet DMV standards and BCC compliance regulations.
- Oversee preventive maintenance schedule to ensure timely service for all vehicles
- Direct and lead the team to be engaged in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Operate and inspect vehicles to ensure proper maintenance and address concerns appropriately.
- Submit Purchase Order Requests for each vehicle repair, partnering with the Distribution Manager for approval over the approved threshold amount.
- Setup vendor accounts & maintain relationships to get the best prices on repairs and parts.
Fleet Driver Duties:
- Confirm all orders that are packed on the delivery vehicle and accurately mark the departure/arrival times on shipping manifest.
- Review and calculate Fleet Petty Cash Logs for accuracy and reimbursements.
- Confirm order accuracy with customers and verify order is consistent with invoice; count the inventory with the Store Manager or Inventory Manager.
- Responsible for collecting accurate payments as needed. For external accounts, responsible for counting and verifying cash payments.
- Obtain signatures on shipping manifest before departure of facility to verify receipt of product.
Other duties as assigned.
This position manages all employees of the SoCal fleet team and is responsible for their performance management and staffing needs of the department:
- Maintain a strong in person presence to effectively coach and support all Department Heads, Supervisors, Leads, and associated team members.
- Oversee and monitor the fleet schedule to ensure delivery goals are met and staff have access to accurate and the most up to date information.
- Communicate and support high expectations for teamwork, mutual respect, open communication within the team and across functions.
- Hold employees accountable for performance; identify, address and document poor performance or behavior and coach employees.
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving adaptability to business changes while minimizing noise.
- Set goals and provide guidance, direction, and performance management for direct reports.
- Initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer activity by partnering with the Distribution Manager, People Operations, and Talent Acquisition.
- Ensure proper onboarding and training for all newly hired employees alongside People Operations.
- Address employee concerns and issues, and recommend plans to improve employee engagement to the Distribution Manager and People Operations.
- Schedule random ride-alongs with drivers to ensure that appropriate procedures are followed and that schedules are adhered to.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 3 years supervising non-exempt distribution/warehouse/fleet staff.
- Cannabis work experience is a plus.
- At least 3 years management experience in a high volume, high functioning capacity.
- Personal Service - Ability to develop, train, and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Office Machines – Basic Knowledge of standard office machines (Copier, fax, computer, & phones).
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of new information and knowledge.
- Time Management- Manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite.
- Vehicle maintenance/service log experience.
- Valid California DL and clean DMV record.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance
- Ability to climb, push, pull, stoop, grasp, walk, sit, stand, bend and reach for the duration of shift
- Requires manual dexterity to operate job related equipment
- Requires normal hearing range
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!