Distribution Center Operations Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
This Job Opening is for the following locations
- North American Logistics Campus
- Shelby Drive
- Adapt Facility
- Monday-Friday- 5PM-1:30AM
- Tuesday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
- Tuesday-Friday 5:00 PM-3:30 AM
- Saturday-Monday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
- Saturday-Monday 6:00 PM-6:00 AM
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for an Operations Manager to provide ownership support to the US Supply Chain Distribution Centers. This leader will ensure that all departmental safety, service, quality, and financial objectives are met or exceeded. This leader will have excellent project management skills and proven experience leading a team to build a positive productive workforce. This leader will possess excellent analytical and innovative skills for strategic planning, sound decision-making, and problem solving. This leader will possess the ability to work efficiently within constrained timelines.
What you will work on:
You will be responsible for directing business processes to receive, store, process, and ship product timely and accurately to customers while optimizing operational results.
- Analyzing performance data for the purpose of driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics.
- You will develop the annual departmental budget necessary to achieve the targeted goals while purposefully pursuing the high standards of customer service
- Accountable for achieving annual operating budget
- Facilitate and encourage continuous improvement processes focused on making the operation more effective and flexible.
- You will set and meet SMART goals for key result areas utilizing data.
- You’ll implement against department, facility and company goals identified on business and action plans and ensure high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- You will actively contribute to the development of distribution goals, and objectives, while working effectively across departmental boundaries within the operation.
- You will manage the overall shift and departmental production/efficiency goals
Who you will work with:
In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Operations and lead and influence the input/output of 2-8 Area Managers and 40-150 full-time employees.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management preferred
- Minimum 5 years operation direction experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP, DCMS and Kronos would be a plus
- Solid understanding of automated distribution systems
- Experience with budget overseeing and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, ability to lead other and influence at various levels of the organization.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.