Distribution Center Manager
Dufry is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Dufry has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We can’t serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We are dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Dufry.
This Distribution Center Manager Position Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
- Oversee our Distribution center that assists the Harry Reid International Airport, Venetian Casino, Virgin Hotel
- Managing and executing all activities of the warehouse in support of the overall operation; helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, and excellent leadership skills throughout the warehouse operation.
- Warehouse Hours: 3:30am-4:00pm *Subject to change*
Distribution Center Manager Key Accountabilities:
- Reports to the SVP/RVP, all activities of the day-to-day operation.
- Supervise a team of warehouse associates/supervisors/assistant managers.
- Monitors inventory levels to manage expenses while minimizing loss and maximizing revenue.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure orders and inventory are accurate.
- Partners with Airport terminal Managers to assure store replenishment and in stock needs are met.
- Oversee the team development activities, including hiring, training, and coaching.
- Protects all company assets in the warehouse including non-stock merchandise.
- Provides a safe and clean environment for warehouse personnel.
- Recruits and trains warehouse personnel.
- Schedules warehouse operational hours to accommodate business requirements.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to warehouse employees.
- Counts and receives incoming merchandise; reports shortages/overages to vendors in a timely manner, before required deadlines.
- Counts and completes all appropriate paperwork for merchandise returns to vendors.
- Ensures all supporting documents are submitted on time to Finance (AP) for GRs and RTVs
- Provides ongoing stock replenishment to the sales floor.
- Isolates, sorts, and organizes all damaged and outdated products for subsequent supplier credits and returns.
- Coordinates with LP and store operations for ongoing cycle counts and annual physical inventories
- Work closely with Customs and Transportation team to ensure compliance with all US Customs rules and regulations related to a class 9 Bonded warehouse.
- Follow all OSHA rules and company policies related to health and safety
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good time-management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 3-5 years or more of previous warehouse and retail management experience
- Proficiency with SAP
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge MS suite: Excel, Word, PP, Outlook
- Manager must work a minimum of 50 hours per week!
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- Hudson Employee 20% Off Discount
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.