Distribution Center Manager
The Distribution Manager will have full responsibility for the shipping and transportation functions, including budget responsibility and participating in and taking the lead in productivity initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee that the shipping and transportation operations performed by our third-party logistics (3PL) provider meet on-time and accurate delivery requirements to ensure the highest quality of services is provided to our internal customers.
- Partner with Sales to ensure order fulfillment and timely deliveries are met by addressing complaints or issues.
- Monitor volume trends and variances such as Holiday/promotional activity, to anticipate any impact to the operation and ensure that 3PL is informed and aligning the appropriate resources to effectively support it.
- Oversee that schedules of all shipping personnel are designed for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that all Inventory Management activities are performed per BBU’s guidelines.
- Ensure that transportation operations comply with OTM transportation plans and all DOT regulations.
- Partner with OTM’s control tower to ensure that transport schedules are built in coordination with shipping and production departments ensuring maximum cubing and efficient routing.
- Ensure that the 3PL’s safety program comply with all Safety, SQF and GMP policies and procedures.
- Manage the flow of empty product carriers and ensure adequate supply to the bakeries.
- Monitor and manage operating costs to ensure budget compliance by auditing all invoices from our third-party logistics providers.
- Tracking and maintenance of key performance indicators.
- Participate in GB and BBU audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Three years of distribution / manufacturing management experience, food industry experience preferable.
- Sound working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- High energy and desire to excel and drive positive change a must.
- Knowledge of Warehouse and Transportation Management Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT, Federal and State regulations is a plus.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.