The Dispensary Supervisor of Sunnyside* Elmwood Park, IL will support day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance with state law and Company standards. This position will help to direct workflow of the staff, and regularly perform store opening and closing procedures on <non>-peak periods. As Supervisor, you will manage any customer (recreational, medicinal and caregivers) escalations, reinforce team culture and act as an ambassador of the company’s mission to normalize, professionalize, and revolutionize cannabis.
At Sunnyside, we believe the employee experience is paramount. With a strong focus on training, development, diversity and authenticity, our employees experience both personal and professional growth. As Dispensary Supervisor, will have:
- Experience leading a team of hourly members; skills include onboarding, training, coaching and providing feedback.
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals, including inventory management, opening/closing procedures setting daily work assignments and facilitating operational workflows, and driving sales goals.
- Elevated skills in decision making, active listening and problem solving.
- Advanced cannabis product knowledge and industry compliance standards.
- Experience in a dynamic role that combines problem solving, teamwork, technical skills, and customer service
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Regularly perform store opening and closing procedures (such as register preparation, morning and closing inventory, inventory reconciliation and inventory reporting) on non-peak periods.
- Facilitate training and onboarding of Lead Wellness Advisors and Wellness Advisors, including coaching on selling and cross-selling techniques.
- Respond to all employee’s questions, concerns or suggestions and communicate team resource requirements to management.
- Provide real-time coaching and feedback for performance concerns; document and escalate all employee relations issues in a timely manner to management.
- Direct the workflow of the team by creating morning rosters, break sheets, and delegating daily responsibilities.
- Ensure team accountability to compliance with all company policies, procedures, state and local laws.
- Manage escalated customer concerns and respond to complex or nonstandard product questions.
- Investigate any cash, POS or product discrepancies and escalate/record appropriately.
- Troubleshoot technical issues or glitches in POS system.
- Verify inventory counts and cash deposit totals; reconcile any discrepancies.
- Maintain inventory of marketing assets including fliers, merchandise, and promotional materials.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for employees and customers. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in customer service
- 1+ year experience leading or mentoring a team; cannabis experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and persuasive skills
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.