Dispensary Store Manager
The Retail Store Manager is responsible for implementing practices, policies, and strategies that support a performance and result-driven culture. This employee will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the dispensary and handling the needs of all patients/customers. In conjunction with the Assistant Store Manager, this role is responsible for hiring and developing a team of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about cannabis and compliant with state and local rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and preforms all functions associated with management and oversight of a retail medical cannabis dispensary
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry wide product knowledge
- Administer routine inspections to maintain the accurate inventory of all cannabis products
- Manage and supervise the activities of dispensary staff, and make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination, or advancement of employees
- Train dispensary staff to ensure a consistent performance and knowledge base of company standard operation procedures and a comprehensive understanding of all products being sold
- Manage daily financial reporting requirements and oversee all cash handling procedures
- Develop and maintain and schedule of all dispensary staff including receptionists, counselors, schedulers, and dispensary technicians.
- Receive and resolve customer incidents and complaints
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant statues, regulations, and directives in all respects
- Strive for customer and team member satisfaction in all respects and ensure a customer friendly environment
- Must stay current and adhere to all policies and regulations of the state cannabis agency.
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agency.
- Able to pass all background checks as required by state cannabis agency.
- Inventory control experience required
- Prior cannabis experience required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Equivalent experience
- 4-6 years in a management/leadership role of a team of 20+ employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- High energy, customer focused, and proactive
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work efficiently with employees, customers, government agencies, and the public
- Assistant Manager
- Retail Leads
- Work is primarily performed in a dispensary setting. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, vendors and customers. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers and/or caregivers regarding medical conditions and symptoms. Must be able to exchange accurate information about product offerings.
- Frequently operates computer/POS system and other standard office equipment such as printers, phones and photocopy machines.
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position when checking in customers or when operating the register.
- Constantly moves and transports dispensary products/totes up to 30 lbs. throughout the dispensary.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a dispensary agent.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.