Dispensary Inventory Specialist
Quality Roots is continuing to expand in the Michigan cannabis industry and is seeking cannabis knowledge experts to lead and undertake the position of a Inventory Specialist at our newest dispensary location in Berkley, MI
The ideal candidate will inspire, respect and provide educational cannabis sales information to customers, guests and other team members.
The Inventory Specialist must be well educated in cannabis knowledge including but not limited to: industry knowledge, strain differences, the growth process, effects of cannabinoids, types of terpenes, cannabis weight measurements, physical effects on the body, THC versus CBD, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, types of devices to consume cannabis with, etc.
The goal is to engage with the Inventory Manager and retail team to identify inventory needs, present and answer questions about products and services while also recommending solutions. Having a positive attitude and a desire to grow your career in the cannabis industry will make you successful in this role.
- Coordinate and facilitate the movement of inventory within the store.
- Organize and fulfill customer and patient orders in an organized and timely manner.
- Process packaging of product, organizing inventory, and maintaining compliance with company and state regulations.
- Work with the Inventory Manager to ensure all inventory data is accurate.
- Audit the physical inventory to ensure that the virtual inventory aligns precisely.
- Research inventory out of balance situations and adjustments; implement controls to reduce adjustments.
- Create discrepancy report to provide the quantity and value of lost or missing inventory and report to appropriate management.
- Must be exceptionally well organized to handle large amount of inventory data, analysis and reporting.
- Work with managers to maintain an accurate account of non-stock and unavailable inventory
- Other duties are assigned.
- Stay up-to-date with new cannabis products/services and industry standards.
- Proven work experience as a Inventory Specialist, Budtender, Sales Associate or similar role, preferred.
- Cannabis experience, highly preferred.
- METRC experience, highly preferred.
- Understanding of the inventory and retail sales process.
- Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer proficiency using Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be willing to work a combination of day, night, and weekend shifts
- Ability to pass a Background Check
- Reliable transportation