At Neumora, we are pushing the boundaries of science and technology to revolutionize the way patients with brain disease are treated. We are seeking extraordinary individuals to join our team as we grow and advance our pipeline.
Neumora was listed as #1 on BioSpace’s NextGen Bio “Class of 2023,” top life sciences startups to watch!
In the role of Director in the Toxicology department, you will design, direct, and coordinate non-clinical safety and toxicology studies across the Neumora portfolio. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to create toxicology strategy based on overall project strategy and report toxicology results.
- Lead program-specific toxicology strategy
- Design, direct, and coordinate non-clinical safety and toxicology studies across the portfolio
- Provide key input to DMPK-focused personnel to support toxicology readiness
- Contribute as cross-functional team member to drive aspects of development effectively and support timeline and budget exercises
- Contribute to drafting regulatory documents concerning non-clinical safety/tox including IND and NDA submissions and other regulatory communications
- PhD in toxicology or other biological sciences discipline
- DABT, DVM, or related qualification required
- >10 years of experience in a toxicology function at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- >5 years of experience designing and conducting general toxicology and safety studies
- Experience coordinating outsourced toxicology efforts with domestic CROs
- Experience with development of small molecules targeting the CNS
- Demonstrated excellence at cross-functional interactions
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable, nimble, and scrappy - consistent with the pace of a start-up organization
Company benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan: Neumora matches 50% of an employee’s eligible contribution, up to the first 6% of salary (up to 3% employer contribution)
- New hire stock options
- Annual paid time off: 15 accrued vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays plus a winter shut-down
- Leave of Absence: Paid family leave, paid short- and long-term disability
- Discretionary year-end bonus
The salary range posted describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Actual salary may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range: $206,747 - $225,000
Neumora Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to confront the global brain disease crisis by taking a fundamentally different approach to the way treatments for brain diseases are developed. Our therapeutic pipeline currently consists of multiple clinical and preclinical neuroscience programs that target novel mechanisms of action for a broad range of underserved neuropsychiatric disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. Our work is supported by an integrated suite of translational, clinical, and computational tools to generate insights that can enable precision medicine approaches. Neumora’s mission is to redefine neuroscience drug development by bringing forward the next generation of novel therapies that offer improved treatment outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from brain diseases.
Neumora is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.