Director, Total Rewars
COVID-19: Allbirds requires all US-based Corporate employees who enter an Allbirds-owned or operated Corporate facility to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or valid medical reasons.
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
We’ve come a long way since launching Allbirds with one product, one website, and five employees in March of 2016. Now, we sell shoes in several countries, run multiple brick and mortar retail stores, and have big plans for the future. Allbirds is looking for a Director, Total Rewards to support the complex needs of our expanding employee population across corporate headquarters, international offices, brick and mortar retail, and customer experience. The role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer .
What does the job entail?
You’ll run total rewards by designing and administering our benefits and compensation plans. In this role, you’ll provide subject matter expertise, and ensure we are competitive, innovative and compliant. You’ll be responsible for:
- Global benefits administration, including US, EU, UK, AUS, NZ, Canada, and China/APAC
- Global compensation programs, including competitive pay practices, annual merit increases, quarterly retail and CX bonus programs, corporate bonus programs, equity compensation, and more
- Global equity programs, in collaboration with our people, legal and finance teams
- 401(k) administration and global pension plan administration
- Leaves of absence administration
- Workers comp administration
- Compliance reporting (ACA, etc)
What kind of person are we looking for?
You’re incredibly detail oriented, with a strong analytical background and a knack for getting into the weeds without losing sight of the big picture. You have:
- 6+ years of HR experience, with a focus on compensation and benefits
- Experience administering leaves of absence
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in a global organization, supporting countries outside of the US
- Strong internal customer focus, viewing your role through the employee lens
- Retail experience and/or Tech experience a plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information. Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.