Director, Ticket Sales & Services
The Memphis Redbirds are seeking for an innovative and creative individual to lead the Ticketing department. The ideal candidate will recognize and adapt to the environment, bringing new ideas, pitching in where needed, and taking full advantage of what can be a fun and very rewarding opportunity personally and professionally.
The Director of Ticket Sales is responsible for building upon an established foundation and aggressively growing the organization’s ticket sales revenue. This role will focus on mentoring, training and developing the sales staff while maximizing current revenue streams and actively working to create new and unique revenue opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Manage and train ticket sales managers, account executives and seasonal staff members who are responsible for retaining season ticket accounts, developing new accounts, and selling group tickets to meet and exceed yearly sales goals.
- Continuously identify, recruit, hire and train current and new members of our sales team to build a dynamic sales environment that will accomplish the sales goals of the organization.
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of the organization’s various sales campaigns and offerings and provide recommendations for further improvement when necessary.
- Actively solicit feedback from existing clients and use this information to develop additional benefits, address concerns and improve the ticket offerings for our customers
- Work to identify new key community relationships or partnerships that will assist in developing new opportunities. Represent the organization in the community at various events and programming
- Actively remain aware of trends and developments within our league and industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our ticket sales portfolio
Education and Experience Preferred:
- 4+ years of sales experience, preferably in sports/entertainment industry and/or ticket sales.
- 1+ years of management experience; sports ticket sales environment preferred.
- Prior sales training experience and proven ability to train and develop staff
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask and work in a high-pressure, fast moving environment
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing concepts and strategies.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays & weekends.
- Able to solve problems in a positive & efficient manner.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.