Bose is looking for a Director of Tax to lead our Global Tax team. The position will be responsible for global tax planning, providing global tax support to Bose’s new products and initiatives, overseeing international tax compliance and provision, and supporting tax policy advocacy. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal competency to represent Tax on cross-functional projects of varying sizes. The candidate must have the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and consult with internal and external partners and advisors on technical matters. It is essential that the successful candidate is driven to develop a deep understanding of technical tax concepts and apply them to Bose’s business operations.
Job Summary (Primary Function):
The Global Tax Director oversees all U.S. and international tax planning and strategy for Bose. This individual will be responsible for leading Bose’s global tax function and managing all aspects of the function.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities):
- Lead all US and global income tax operations including US and international tax planning & strategy.
- Lead, develop, and inspire a team of Tax professionals.
- Drive technology and process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and set up tax strategy and tax efficient structures in collaboration with leaders in finance and other business functions, leveraging external and internal resources.
- Strategize with senior management and outside consultants with the objective of lowering effective tax rate.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with the corporate executives and operations personnel to influence others on tax strategies, needs and to further tax department’s image and value add throughout the organization.
- Coordinate tax compliance, including managing the preparation of the U.S. Federal and State income year-end tax provisions and returns, related footnote disclosures and supporting work papers, international tax returns, and sales & use tax filings.
- Manage any US and international income tax examinations, audits and other tax controversy.
- Continually monitor and research domestic and international tax reform proposals and changes and assess their potential impact/implications and opportunities for Bose and present actionable intelligence to management to direct the company into properly adapt to changes and opportunities.
- Develop, implement and maintain controls to minimize the risk of financial misstatement. Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Engage in budgeting, forecasting and planning process for tax expense and effective tax rate. Assisting treasury and financial planning and analysis in the forecasting of cash tax payments.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA or graduate degree in taxation is required. J.D. or LL.M. is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience dealing with tax matters in an international business environment with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- A self-starter in a fast-paced, high growth environment with a high level of integrity.
- Tax planning and strategy experience required with exposure to international structures, business models, and global complexity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required, with the ability to plan and execute at strategic and tactical levels. Experience with Excel, ERP (preferably SAP) and other tax systems (preferably OneSource).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively relate tax issues to non-tax personnel and especially skilled at communicating with executive management.
- Ability to maintain productive work partnerships and manage a high-performing team with a matured approach to leadership and problem solving.
- Strong creative and analytical thought process, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Organizationally savvy. Able to challenge the status quo respectfully, and act as a catalyst within the organization. Confident but personable individual, able to work collaboratively inside and outside the tax department and build bridges at all levels of the enterprise.
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain exceptional people.
- Strong leadership that values mentoring and developing their team.
A superior work ethic and dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.