We are currently looking for a new band member to join the Spotify Tax Team. This new band member will be a Tax Director, joining the Global Tax Team. This position will report into the VP of Tax and is based in New York City.
In your role, you will primarily manage the Group’s global tax controversy in close partnership with both members of the tax, finance, legal, and business teams. With your knowledge of the global tax landscape, you will work closely with colleagues to ensure tax positions remain aligned with a fast-paced, high-growth organization in light of the evolving regulatory environment. You will work with tax authorities throughout the world to answer inquiries and manage tax audits, with a strong focus on transfer pricing or related matters.
We are a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues and we offer a challenging and dynamic role in an ever-changing environment with the opportunity to take on much responsibility in a rapidly growing international company. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the tax team to ensure Spotify’s tax positions are well documented and available in advance of the commencement of tax examinations.
- Timely and effectively manage tax authority inquiries and audits, including leading MAP efforts as needed.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and advisors to draft responses to tax authority inquiries.
- Lead interactions with the tax authorities, including audit planning, managing information requests, interacting as needed with the auditors, and timely communication of audit status to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the tax team to ensure tax positions are presented properly in tax filings and the financial statements.
- Other projects as required or needed.
Who you are
- University degree with relevant education such as CPA, education from a tax administration, accounting, lawyer, economics, business administration, or any combination thereof.
- Minimum of 10 years of Tax experience, ideally with experience in either Big 4 or a law firm coupled with in -house experience at a large multinational. Tech/ media industry experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of corporate tax matters, with a specific focus on transfer pricing considerations.
- Previous experience in successfully managing tax controversy resolution, including experience with MAP and APAs.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to present complex issues management and provide technical presentations to tax authorities.
- Strong understanding of valuation principles and models.
- Strong skills in the Google suite and/or Microsoft Office including the ability to navigate complex models and the ability and desire to learn new software platforms.
- Experience with financial systems (NetSuite a plus): ERPs, consolidation tools and management reporting tools is a plus.
- Available to travel when necessary.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day. Thrive where change is the only constant Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
Where you'll be
- This is a New York based role
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
The United States base range for this position is $188,041 - $268,600 USD, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.