Director, Talent Acquisition
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a highly visible regional leadership role responsible for developing and leading the overall strategy and execution of the Talent Acquisition function for Non-Provider Recruitment within Mountain West/West region for Optum Care Delivery. This leader will create best-in-class recruiting strategies and programs to ensure acquisition of top talent for all levels in the organization to support long-term goals and strategic growth initiatives. This position works with senior business management teams and People (Human Capital) teams to align candidate recruitment strategy with business priorities and then deliver on the strategy with a strong focus on candidate and hiring manager experience.
This role requires a thorough understanding of the business, client needs, specific talent pools and the innovation necessary to execute an aggressive talent acquisition strategy. This leader needs to be both highly strategic and a strong operator of excellence. The Director of Talent Acquisition will lead a large talent acquisition team and provide direction and best practices for recruiting exceptional talent, providing proactive insights and action plans on critical roles and key markets.
If you are located in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Kansas, or Idaho, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Through a strong partnership with the business, lead the regional TA team to a fully business intimate model that balances TA production metrics with talent quality and candidate and hiring manager experience
- Develop high performing recruitment and sourcing professionals through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship and coaching
- Design best-in-class practices for end-to-end candidate experience inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, communication, selection and onboarding
- Establish relationships and partnership with key business and People (HC) leaders to understand their talent and succession needs, develop strategies to meet these needs, and drive accountability in recruiting and selection
- Determine workforce planning strategies, leverage data to determine both short and long-term recruiting plans- thinking about how to run a highly agile and cost-effective model that delivers the best quality outcomes possible
- Provide expertise in market insights, talent landscape, and an understanding of talent needs to assist in developing company growth plans and forecast
- Work to achieve talent acquisition metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools and hires, diversity, number of hires, time to fill, hiring manager and candidate Net Promoter Score (NPS) goals, and cost-per-hire. Analyzes success against metrics and creates and executes plans to achieve ongoing improvement in results that will reduce turnover in the business
- Partner with DEI leadership on driving a diversity recruiting strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of recruitment or human capital experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a Talent Acquisition or Human Capital team in a complex, highly matrixed organization
- 5+ years of experience in internal client management, strategy and influence
- Experience utilizing MS Excel to access, pivot, and analyze suite of TA reports
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, social media and recruiting process workflows
- Located in or ability to relocate to one of the following locations: California, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, or Nevada
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare/Provider Industry experience
- Passion for personal learning and development to be able to grow with the company
- Entrepreneurial drive, results-oriented, outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a dynamic environment
- Solid management skills including the ability to effectively consult, negotiate, resolve conflict and influence change
- Demonstrated experience building high performance teams, effective partnerships, and collaborative stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.